Mosconi cup shirts?

millertime77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All year I have been saying I want a Mosconi USA T-shirt to wear out. Last night got the email that Mosconi cup were available! I go to the Universe to check and see what am going to purchase and the only thing is available is $95 Universe pro jersey shirt! Witch is nice and I allready have 6 Universe shirts and a fleece. So, more than Likely I will buy a Univrse USA Mosconi shirt!

With that said I really believe Universe, Match Room and even Mark Wilson missed a opportunity to earn some revenue and advertising in appeal sells! Something priced between $25 to $45 that all pool player could have purchased and wear out in public to represent the sport of pool. Match Room could make there deserved royalties, the person making the shirts could make there money and each of the teams could receive a little extra money to help out training expenses.

Just my Two cents!

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree ! I really like the looks of the shirts; but at $95 for a shirt I'm not a buyer.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yep, at a $20 to $25 price point, they would sell like hotcakes :thumbup:

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
All year I have been saying I want a Mosconi USA T-shirt to wear out. Last night got the email that Mosconi cup were available! I go to the Universe to check and see what am going to purchase and the only thing is available is $95 Universe pro jersey shirt! Witch is nice and I allready have 6 Universe shirts and a fleece. So, more than Likely I will buy a Univrse USA Mosconi shirt!

With that said I really believe Universe, Match Room and even Mark Wilson missed a opportunity to earn some revenue and advertising in appeal sells! Something priced between $25 to $45 that all pool player could have purchased and wear out in public to represent the sport of pool. Match Room could make there deserved royalties, the person making the shirts could make there money and each of the teams could receive a little extra money to help out training expenses.

Just my Two cents!

Funny this thread should appear today, below is my recent correspondence with Universe. I totally agree with you on price point to show support but apparently that is not the way it works. (Read thread from bottom up) My original email asked about shirt availability.

Received today...

Hello David,

That’s not really how this works. I provide the uniforms for both teams and team captains for free. The sales of the uniforms to the public is so I can try to recoup some of that money. If the players decide to sell the shirts we give them when the event is over, then that’s up to them and they can keep whatever they make.

Thank you.

NICK BASHIZI
Founder & CEO
UNIVERSE CLOTHING

Cell: 404 775 7080

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.UNIVERSECLOTHING.COM TODAY

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 12:48 AM
To: Nick Bashizi
Subject: Re: MOSCONI CUP Shirts

Nick,
Just a quick question, how much of that $95 goes towards the support of the teams and their expenses? Just curious.
Thanks,
David
David W. Marcus
Independent Business Analyst

On Nov 2, 2014, at 7:05 PM, Nick Bashizi <nick@universeclothing.com> wrote:
Hey David,

I don’t know why you couldn’t see the picture the first time but here it is again, please let me know if it works this time?
As for your other questions:
- Each team shirt comes in 2 colors: USA comes in black and Dark Red and EUROPE comes in Blue and Grey.
- Price is $95 / shirt which is roughly 60 Pounds.

Please let me know which ones you want and what sizes. We are only making a few of those before the event so if you want me to set a few aside for you please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

NICK BASHIZI
Founder & CEO
UNIVERSE CLOTHING

<image003.jpg>

Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2014 7:46 PM

US size XL, what are the color options and prices??

David W. Marcus

On Nov 1, 2014, at 4:13 PM, Nick Bashizi <nick@universeclothing.com> wrote:
Hello David,

The MOSCONI CUP Shirts are going to be available for sale next week. I will email you as soon as there are available. How many of which team, which color, and which sizes are you interested in?
Please look at the attached picture to see what they are going to look like.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

NICK BASHIZI
Founder & CEO
UNIVERSE CLOTHING

<image001.jpg>

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.UNIVERSECLOTHING.COM TODAY!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Horrible looking shirts. Guess there is always a patch that can be bought, LMFAO.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny this thread should appear today, below is my recent correspondence with Universe. I totally agree with you on price point to show support but apparently that is not the way it works. (Read thread from bottom up) My original email asked about shirt availability.

Received today...

Hello David,

That’s not really how this works. I provide the uniforms for both teams and team captains for free. The sales of the uniforms to the public is so I can try to recoup some of that money. If the players decide to sell the shirts we give them when the event is over, then that’s up to them and they can keep whatever they make.

Thank you.

NICK BASHIZI
Founder & CEO
UNIVERSE CLOTHING

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 12:48 AM

Nick,
Just a quick question, how much of that $95 goes towards the support of the teams and their expenses? Just curious.
Thanks,
David
David W. Marcus

On Nov 2, 2014, at 7:05 PM, Nick Bashizi <nick@universeclothing.com> wrote:
Hey David,

I don’t know why you couldn’t see the picture the first time but here it is again, please let me know if it works this time?
As for your other questions:
- Each team shirt comes in 2 colors: USA comes in black and Dark Red and EUROPE comes in Blue and Grey.
- Price is $95 / shirt which is roughly 60 Pounds.

Please let me know which ones you want and what sizes. We are only making a few of those before the event so if you want me to set a few aside for you please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

NICK BASHIZI
Founder & CEO
UNIVERSE CLOTHING

<image003.jpg>

Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2014 7:46 PM

US size XL, what are the color options and prices??

David W. Marcus

On Nov 1, 2014, at 4:13 PM, Nick Bashizi <nick@universeclothing.com> wrote:
Hello David,

The MOSCONI CUP Shirts are going to be available for sale next week. I will email you as soon as there are available. How many of which team, which color, and which sizes are you interested in?
Please look at the attached picture to see what they are going to look like.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

NICK BASHIZI
Founder & CEO
UNIVERSE CLOTHING

<image001.jpg>

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.UNIVERSECLOTHING.COM TODAY!

I'm glad you posted this and I'm surprised that he admitted that.

He's giving the players some shirts for free and jacking up the price for the consumer, so that he can recover his lost profits. Good for him, bad for the consumer. He openly admitted that he is making a larger profit to cover lost profits. Giving the team members a free polo shirt does not support the team. It's free advertising for Universe Clothing. I'm gonna take my business elsewhere :thumbup:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Do the shirts really say Party Poker on the front above the billiard balls ??

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the shirts really say Party Poker on the front above the billiard balls ??

Yep...
MosconiCupShirt.jpg

millertime77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very disappointed

Very sad to hear the only support from Universe to Mosconi/USA pool is a free shirt for the players and captain. Pretty sure they all have shirts they could have added a patch too! I believe this is another fail for everyone to benefit. Seems like another case of people involved in the pool community just only looking to make there money!
Hopefully Match Room and Mosconi cup decides to find another shirt provider in 2015 that can that can financially benefit and raise awareness for our great sport I believe everyone could have benefited!

Guess I will not be buying a Mosconi cup shirt this year.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I would have easily bought one for 20 to 25 bucks.

They seriously missed the Bus on this one. How could have someone over looked something as simple as this.

Should have designed and started selling these several months ago.

I bet the sales would have taken a huge chunk out of travel expenses.

Could have done Tee Shirts. Shaft towels, Ball caps.

Then, in the end, someone will say, "No one supports us".

Last edited:

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
Sad

The more I think about this, ....the saddest part is that a box of polo shirts is considered sponsorship for a major international event. Really, that's a sad state of affairs for the pool world.:frown:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Its considered sponsorship on his part. He designs shirts. He did his part.

Where is everyone else?

This is the number one Prestigious Billiard event.

Surely Coke, any of the beer companies etc, could have all chipped in.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
All of y'all are doing a great job at supporting a company that is trying to get its feet off of the ground and help the sport at the same time. I don't agree with the Party Poker logo, but at least they are attempting to give our sport a better image.

The people behind this company are all class acts and good images for the sport. The prices on the products are a little steep for most, but the quality is there as I've seen it first hand. We don't know all of the details and we don't need to ruin a good business related to our sport before it even has a chance.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Someone should have been responsible for securing sponsorships, big and small.

For large companies, 10 to 20 K is nothing but a small write off for them.

For smaller companies, even a grand or 2 is nothing.

Cisco, the largest food distribution warehouses in North America. I would be surprised if Cisco wasn't alive and well doing business in Europe.

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
$95 is expensive but for an authentic sports shirt worn during an event, it's not bad. Authentic baseball jerseys are well over $200.

I don't see why the party poker stuff needs to be on it. Maybe they're small enough to run a batch without it.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just my Two cents!

95 bucks is a disgrace, a football shirt is left with a name on the back

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$95 is expensive but for an authentic sports shirt worn during an event, it's not bad. Authentic baseball jerseys are well over $200.

I don't see why the party poker stuff needs to be on it. Maybe they're small enough to run a batch without it.

These are not shirts worn in the competition, these are similar shirts, think you missed that.