Updates Mosconi Cup Day 2

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When i made the line 12-7 back in Sept in the action room, I really thought it should be 12-8 but naturally i was looking for an advantage and did get a bet. It was clear from our performance in the Euro Tour event that we could play with these guys and were not going to roll over this year. Against all prior thinking, I think Johann was the biggest reason.

PS_Anyone have the total game tally per team?
I agree I thought Johann was a great pic then Im more convinced now

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
When i made the line 12-7 back in Sept in the action room, I really thought it should be 12-8 but naturally i was looking for an advantage and did get a bet. It was clear from our performance in the Euro Tour event that we could play with these guys and were not going to roll over this year. Against all prior thinking, I think Johann was the biggest reason.

PS_Anyone have the total game tally per team?

AtLarge must be finishing supper.
:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
superb showings from Tyler and Billy. Shane safeties were so poor imo. Corey and Sky did not have much to show for.

But I was wondering where Shane was when others cheered for every rack, I did not see him anywhere, or TV did not catch him?

Europe were shaken, only Albin was good and produced some shots worthy of his caliber.

Jayson was classless, he was so afraid he played to pot the ball only and take on any shot he had, and he still scream about it.

I did not think Kaci were human until today.

Previous Mosconi's, USA made it easy for EUROPE because they were ill-prepared, and could not pose any pressure. this time, keep the pressure up and see who crack. I am happy I stay up all night here to watch it.

Last edited:

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was sat near the entrance beside the players room. Shane was between the players room and the arena throughout the evening. Guess the cameras didn't pick it up. Thought everyone played pretty good, although a few loose safes, and Shaw had a couple of misses followed by some good run. Best evening i've been too on quite a few years in terms of being competitive. Table did seem to play quite generous, but good quality regardless

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
superb showings from Tyler and Billy. Shane safeties were so poor imo. Corey and Sky did not have much to show for.

But I was wondering where Shane was when others cheered for every rack, I did not see him anywhere, or TV did not catch him?

Europe were shaken, only Albin was good and produced some shots worthy of his caliber.

Jayson was classless, he was so afraid he played to pot the ball only and take on any shot he had, and he still scream about it.

I did not think Kaci were human until today.

Previous Mosconi's, USA made it easy for EUROPE because they were ill-prepared, and could not pose any pressure. this time, keep the pressure up and see who crack. I am happy I stay up all night here to watch it.

Agree on Jayson and he has the worst mental game of anyone on either team. He needs to be making every shot, which he often does, but if he falters, he tends to falter further.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree on Jayson and he has the worst mental game of anyone on either team. He needs to be making every shot, which he often does, but if he falters, he tends to falter further.
Plus he's a colossal a**wipe. Just sayin'.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And lots of money being lost , and not just by thier fans ,, I know a few guys that were getting 2-1 on the money yesterday taking USA,,

it was actually 3 - 1 at one british bookie. and i didn't bet a cent..

euro can still win though, but it's getting obvious that kaci is not performing well. i missed his last match but from what i have seen he lacks mosconi mettle

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson Shaw is just a little too much for me to take, but the other 9 players seem to be in complete control of themselves. Kaci is apparently feeling the pressure/weight of the team concept and has made some uncharacteristic mistakes both days. Trying to force the cue ball on that 8-ball shot, attempting to get Shaw an easier shot on the 9-ball and rattling it out was completely unexcuseable. When you have a partner like Shaw, and on generous pockets like these, just cinch it and leave him a slightly tougher shot and very likely he would have had no problem making it. That missed shot severely changed the momentum in that match. In his doubles match, Thorpe played a few loose/risky safeties that didn't work out, but they still managed to win. Other than that, Woodward's miss on the shape and then missing the very makeable cut shot on the 7-ball in the 7th game of that opening match yesterday was really the only real mistake I've seen that cost the US. Otherwise, we've played very solid.

Yep... like I said yesterday. Play this table like a bar box. If you get a little out of line just focus on rolling it in The position on the next ball doesn’t have to be perfect with these generous pockets.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
it was actually 3 - 1 at one british bookie. and i didn't bet a cent..

euro can still win though, but it's getting obvious that kaci is not performing well. i missed his last match but from what i have seen he lacks mosconi mettle

Same could be said about Shane year after year.
Jason

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
AtL—

What is Tyler’s record, including the team match played first?
I think Tyler did not miss a ball in the team match nor play a bad safety nor have any break that was not perfect. But I think he also did not shoot any shot. His first opponent ran out and it did not get around to him a second time. Oh, yeah, he didn't fail to freeze the lag in that match either.:smile:

So, what is the proper way to score that?

At least Alex Pagulayan got to lag against Kaci.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Tyler did not miss a ball in the team match nor play a bad safety nor have any break that was not perfect. But I think he also did not shoot any shot. His first opponent ran out and it did not get around to him a second time. Oh, yeah, he didn't fail to freeze the lag in that match either.:smile:

So, what is the proper way to score that?

At least Alex Pagulayan got to lag against Kaci.
Funny stuff there, Bob!

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I have been out of touch for too long. I used to like Shaw. I watched the first match yesterday and he was a complete bag of dicks. Totally turned me off. I really hope he never wins again.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I have been out of touch for too long. I used to like Shaw. I watched the first match yesterday and he was a complete bag of dicks. Totally turned me off. I really hope he never wins again.

Funny how he mentioned social media motivating him after his wife telling him everyone thought Shane had his number...wonder what she will tell him after he is being skewered for his behavior yesterday.

In reality, I bet they are encouraged to act out to some extent, but the over the top celebrations after EVERY RACK is not fitting a champion of his caliber.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can show emotion and celebrate while STILL showing some respect to your opponent. Shaw hasn't figured this out yet and probably never will.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
AtL—

What is Tyler’s record, including the team match played first?

As Bob said, he didn't get to shoot in the Teams match.

He has played just twice -- a win (5-3) in singles against Feijen and a win (5-2) in doubles with Thorpe against Shaw and Kaçi.

If we ignore his "loss" in the Teams match, Styer and Ouschan are the only two players undefeated through two days.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
As Bob said, he didn't get to shoot in the Teams match.

He has played just twice -- a win (5-3) in singles against Feijen and a win (5-2) in doubles with Thorpe against Shaw and Kaçi.

If we ignore his "loss" in the Teams match, Styer and Ouschan are the only two players undefeated through two days.

Styer vs Ouschan in a singles match on Day 4 would be fireworks. They are both playing the best out of their respective teams and they're very similar in terms of style and cadence.