If You Could Ask One AZer One Question . . .

Cashman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would ask Bartram if he would give me the breaks, ball in hand and the 4 ball.

I might need more.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure there are a few here that can answer my question..

Who is Pots an Pans ? and how he'd he come by the nick name.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would ask Fatboy what drugs he does and how often he does them.

I would ask this question due to the fact that he references doing drugs often in his posts and he often seems as if he posts while under the influence.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would ask this question due to the fact that he references doing drugs often in his posts and he often seems as if he posts while under the influence.

Eric has health problems and a terrible back condition. This is why he mentions drugs quite often.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, back drugs that you smoke through a pipe? Never heard of those. Of course, I wouldn't know, I am just wondering based off of what he has posted.

*edit* Actually, I suppose marijuana could be issued for a back issue. I must have assumed things incorrectly.

Idaho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow, that seems pretty harsh considering what Eric has done for both AZ and pool in general.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Pots n Pans was Bernie Rogoff. He was a shortstop level player who actually sold cookware as his cover. He would go into bars and offer to play for the cookware and the players could not wait to beat the helpless pots and pans salesman out of money instead of cookery.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pots n Pans was Bernie Rogoff. He was a shortstop level player who actually sold cookware as his cover. He would go into bars and offer to play for the cookware and the players could not wait to beat the helpless pots and pans salesman out of money instead of cookery.

Thanks JB...felt foolish with the question..as soon as I seen Bernies name I laughed at my self..myself an a friend was watching a Strickland match an his name was mentioned..or he " Pots an Pans " could be heard in the back ground..this was in 2003 in Vegas..but anyways..thanks again..

RIP...Pots.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure there are a few here that can answer my question..

Who is Pots an Pans ? and how he'd he come by the nick name.

He was Bernard Rogaff and a great Huster from years ago.
he got the name posing as a Pots and pan salesman.
he coud walk into a place where they had ner ber $10.00 and would have them betting hunreds and whendone, they were scratching their heads for days.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yes, and in the write up about Bernie re his passing, it was said that if worse came to worse, he was a smooth talker and was always able to sell a few pieces of cook ware to get him thru the day or week.

I would have been willing to bet that he had more money than he let on he did as well.

If people felt sorry for him, they would buy something to make him feel good. He did have a nice smile and looked like a kindly old Gent too. How could one resist.

TheKman

Banned
JAM,
1) What is your speed? Pro, Open, A,B,C, or D?

2) Does one with 25 posts or 25000 posts make them any less knowledgeable or proficient in pool/billiards.

3) Do you have a job? If so, what is it?

4) Lastly... What is your favorite color?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM,
1) What is your speed? Pro, Open, A,B,C, or D?

2) Does one with 25 posts or 25000 posts make them any less knowledgeable or proficient in pool/billiards.

3) Do you have a job? If so, what is it?

4) Lastly... What is your favorite color?

1) I don't play pool anymore, so I guess you could say I'm a railbird. When I was playing pool on the leagues, I was a 6 out of 7. Today, I'd be an F.

2) Post count does not matter as far as being knowledgeable or proficient in pool.

3) I'm chief cook and bottle washer. I convert the spoken word into print for a variety of clients, such as Congress, Federal Government, conference planners, think tanks, film producers, journalists, courts, and academia.

4) Why, this is an easy one to answer. It's the color of money: green! :grin-square:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was Bernard Rogaff and a great Huster from years ago.
he got the name posing as a Pots and pan salesman.
he coud walk into a place where they had ner ber $10.00 and would have them betting hunreds and whendone, they were scratching their heads for days.

I first met him in Vegas with Keith when we were at the IPT North American in July of 2006.

In September 2006, Keith went to the IPT event in Reno without me. He was sharing a room with Liljon. I'm not sure what happened, but Liljon and Keith had a misunderstanding. Keith ended up letting Pots and Pan stay in the room with Liljon, and Keith left and got a room with Scotty Townsend somewhere else. Needless to say, I wasn't too pleased with this arrangement since the room was being secured with my credit card in my name. :angry:

When Keith came back to the the Reno hotel room to get his stuff, he said Pots and Pans had been really sick, throwing up all over the place. I am assuming that he may have been sick as far back as this, but maybe nobody knew.

Some folks would get irritated with Pots and Pans at events because he was persistent. He would come up and tell a joke, sometimes the same joke you heard from him the previous day. He was harmless. In the end, he only wanted to make people laugh, entertain them, and if he succeeded, that was his payment.

In the autumn of his life, he didn't have much money, but he made do with what he had. He'd sneak into venues, trying to beat the gate. I guess you can take the man out of the hustling environment, but you can't take the hustler out of the man. I say that with all due respect to Pots and Pans. He is one of the last of a dying breed of road warriors. RIP, Pots and Pans.

I took this picture of him below, all dressed up, in a gift shop at the Venetian when I first met him in July 2006 in Vegas.. He was proud as punch to pose for me. He wasn't shy at all. :grin:

Attachments

• Bunny Rogoff aka Pots and Pans.JPG
    Bunny Rogoff aka Pots and Pans.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 975
Last edited:

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
I don't know Fatboy from Adam but I have always found his posts worth reading. He seems to be a wise man and has a pretty good perspective on things. I'd buy him a beer any day. And hell, if he wanted to smoke a phatty because his back hurt- then we could do that too.

Chris

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
That is a hell of a statement to make in a public forum.

Wow, back drugs that you smoke through a pipe? Never heard of those. Of course, I wouldn't know, I am just wondering based off of what he has posted.

*edit* Actually, I suppose marijuana could be issued for a back issue. I must have assumed things incorrectly.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I've spent a lot of time with and around fatboy at his home in Vegas, and I can tell you without a doubt, he does have back problems, he does take pain killers, not as much now as he use to, but never have I seen him take anything that wasn't legal. In fact, it's hard to tell the difference between when he's on the pain killers, or not, because he's pretty much the same Eric to me all the time, and one of my best friends:D

Glen