House of Billiards - Santa Monica

Jack W

This is my first post so I thought I'd post something that might be interesting to the group at large. First let me say that the forum is so interesting that I'm somewhat addicted to it. After many long years of working I'm finally retired and spend a few morning a week at the House of Billiards in Santa Monica. ( West Los Angeles). It's been many many years since my formative years playing in Flatbush. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago on a Tuesday night Efren came in to "play" some of the regulars. I watched for about 3 hours and then took off. Two nights later Bustamante came in for more of the same, although I didn't get the change to watch. So anyone visiting L.A. that wants a decent low key place to play may want to try HOB in Santa Monica.

Musashi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that room. I played there for years up until 2000 when I moved to Colorado.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a few hours to kill, so I'm here. Having a beer - Sierra Nevada Kellerweis. Watching US Open.

Pretty nice. It favors the northern part of the country.

Freddie <~~~ happy

MalibuMike

Banned
Lots of good one pocket players play HOB Santa Monica

As well as many very nice regulars like Jimmy Woo and Danny Shades!

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this still the best place to play in Santa Monica? I'll be in town for a few weeks.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's the only place to play in Santa Monica imo.
Unless, you're in the mood for a crowded bar and coin tables,
HOB is the winner on the west side!
Since Hollywood closed down, this is probably one of your best chances to run into pros and players in the area..
Stopped in last night. You better bring your 'A' game when coming here, because the tables
don't take any mess or guff off of nobody. The "fun" tables are even tighter than most, not to
mention the keyhole pockets on the pro tables. This location does have a slightly different vibe than the Sherman HOB.
Much nicer equipment and atmosphere than the valley; but, I just love L.A. So maybe I'm biased lol.
It's still one of the top 10 rooms in So Cal.
Do yourself, and your game, a favor and stop by HOB for some practice.

Last edited: