Uni-Lock Quick Release or Radial Pins?

bstroud

Deceased
Mike,

Not to be nit-picky but any V-form thread will out of necessity have more clearance (slop) than the Radial thread.

Without clearance it would not screw together.

Bill S.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

Not to be nit-picky but any V-form thread will out of necessity have more clearance (slop) than the Radial thread.

Without clearance it would not screw together.

Bill S.

Hello Sir
All good but you don't need a hole .312 for a screw with a .281 minor. So I had Widell make the correct tap for the screws being produced without tearing in a smaller hole. The flip side would be, switching to the modified 3/8x10 and making myself new sanding mandrells to accomodate it. I don't see a need to switch. I offer all 3 screws you designed. Schmelke offered some 3/8x10 screws where the pitch wasn't as deep to accomodate the tap being sold. 5/16x14 was another screw with many changes to it, not counting the acme you offered in your cues. I have 4 taps for the 5/16x14 to match up with those. Mali and Schuler around .298x14. Schick and It's George. Paradise, Schons. You know, it doesn't end. All those years of my working Tournaments, it was beneficial for me to have the right tooling. In the case of Schulers. I had blank inserts made with a 3/8" long 9/16 head because of the pilot. Worked well for the Paradise joint also.
It doesn't end.

Last edited:

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
One of the nice things about the Radial setup is the tap. The follower at the end of the tap ensures that the threads are straight. I DO NOT trust regular taps, They can wander. If I cut 3/8-10 or other V threads, I rely on live tooling, because it's far more precise.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick release cues are convenient. But they do come loose during play. My experience is not often. When it does, it doesn’t affect the shot much but it affects your psyche a lot. Once they get it right, criticizing them will be like criticizing power locks, power windows and cruise control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro