For Sale - One of a Kind Pechauer Night Owl

HardBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
For Sale - One of a Kind Pechauer Night Owl Lowered Price

A few years ago I was contacted by Jerry Pechauer Custom cues. They asked, would I be interested in a "discovery" they made in their shop? The discovery was a glued up but unturned cue. It was one of two they made back in 1995. For custom one-of-a-kind cues they cut and glue up two blanks. If the first one looks good after turning down they finish it and forget about the backup. This was that backup. Someone had tossed on top of a cabinet where it laid for over ten years collecting dust.

The original cue was completed with a stainless joint. It was shown in the 1995 Showcase of American Cue Art in LA as the Night Owl. After the show it was sold for $6000 on the agreement that Jerry would never make another like it.

The offer to me was the same cue but with an Ivory joint. I accepted and they made me the cue with two matching shafts. Here is Jerry's description of the cue:

"This stunning cue has a solid ebony butt. The points are composed of ivory and cocobola highlighted with distinctive oval "eyes". Twelve 14K gold diamonds bordered in ebony add character to this classic cue.

190 inlays (16 Ivory, 24 Cocobolo, 18 ebony, 12 14K Gold, 120 ring inlays)"

Weight: Handle - 15.6 oz, shaft 1 - 4 oz, shaft 2 - 4 oz. (weight is adjustable, I have weight screws)
Length: 58"
Balance 19" from butt
Tip: Original Pechauer with pads, both 12.88mm
Ferrule: Ivory
Joint: Ivory with 5/16" x 14

This cue has only been test hit. It is in 100% new condition.

Price: $2900

If you are interested make me an offer.

788115356_e2GKx-O.jpg

Last edited:

HardBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Price Reduced

I am really surprised that there is no interest in this cue. This is not one of Jerry's regular production cues. It was designed and built as a show cue. It is definitely a collectible.

I really need to sell this one. If you have any interest at all make me an offer.

86fever

Registered
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I agree that this cue is a beauty. I think that people can't afford such a nice cue. If I had the money, I'd certainly purchase it. I think a lot of people are the in same boat as me. Good luck with your sale!

Pechauer cues are awesome!

HardBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I still have this cue and would like to sell it more than ever. Anybody looking for a unique cue?