Break cues and tips?

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
What are the better tips I'm thinking of just getting new break cue like alex brick but before I do will a tip make a big diff? I've got j&j now but have everest on it would say like white diamond be bettter? Should I upgrade too the brick would I see diffrance? Any replys would be great thanks all

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
What you don't like in your break now?

Seems like no matter what I do it draws back or the cue ball goes too side and it never did that when I had super hard tip but the tip broke and I put a everest on it now my break has been crap

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put a Samsara tip, and try your J&J after that.

I broke last week with a friend's J&J break/jump cue with a phenolic tip, it broke OK, but I don't like that glass sound. The phenolic tip was the reason I sold my firstbreak cue, it was a Dybior break/jump cue. For me J&J hit is similar to Dybior Classic cue. Good quality for reasonable price.

Samsara is a hard leather tip, it would be hard like a phenolic, and give you the control of a leather tip.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Put a Samsara tip, and try your J&J after that.

I broke last week with a friend's J&J break/jump cue with a phenolic tip, it broke OK, but I don't like that glass sound. The phenolic tip was the reason I sold my firstbreak cue, it was a Dybior break/jump cue. For me J&J hit is similar to Dybior Classic cue. Good quality for reasonable price.

Samsara is a hard leather tip, it would be hard like a phenolic, and give you the control of a leather tip.

Ok yea ill give it a try and that is what it seems I lost is the control after I put this tip on what are the diffrances from the samsara and white diamond a lot of locals were saying get the white

a.jin88

Registered
I recently tried Tiger's IceBreaker tip. I fell in love with it. Phenolic outside with a leather middle. I'm getting the break of a phenolic with the control and hit of a hard leather. I've heard mix reviews but it's worked for me.

JBB2388

Banger Extraordinaire
Silver Member
Put a samsara on your J&J before doing anything else. You'll be glad you did.

keepanionme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
White Diamond

I have a white diamond on my Players jump/break. I like how well it holds chalk and that glass breaking sound when you break isn't present.

I bought the cue from seyberts.com and had them install it. I've heard of people having issues with the white diamond tips popping off. I've had mine for over a year, and after getting about 9-10 hours of play a week it's still attached.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for feed back now is there anyone good on here too get tips from or should I buy off line? I'd rather my money go too good azber