rail rebuilding I should have asked here instead of main section

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what are some of the opinions of having the old monarch rubber saved but have the wood redone, refreshed in some way? and I know that there are different opinions about who would do it or who is the best at it! so I would like to hear the opinions of the people who do it what it might cost and the time to do it and I hope no one gets butt hurt over the answers!

Thanks

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Once a guy cuts the rail apart it’s highly suggested to replace the rubber with modern cushion rubber with up to date specs... if the cushion rubber cushions on your table are still in good condition there is not much of a reason for you to throw money at it.
I’ve given you estimates to have your rails rebuilt and prices on cloth several times and have answered just about every question anyone could think of to ask about updating a OLDER gold crown...but like I said, if you want your old cushions to be reused it can be done but it’s not suggested because of the pocket angles being updated and coming up short on cushion material/trying to correct one problem to just create another.... like RKC says.. you can stretch a 17 inch tire onto a 18 inch rim but just because it can be done don’t make it right..

Rob.M

Last edited:

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you have to forgive me but I don't recall talking about the rails, I have had so many other things going on that all that has been on the back burner and not foremost on my mind.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
you have to forgive me but I don't recall talking about the rails, I have had so many other things going on that all that has been on the back burner and not foremost on my mind.

Rob is pretty much right on, there's no way the cushions are going to be used again.