fargo question: an absence counts as a loss?

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so I heard that if you miss a week in bca league (which reports results to fargo)
the matches you miss automatically count as losses in the fargo system
is that right?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It probably depends on how the league operator uses the software. In my league, a bye is a win against “NO PLAYER”. If you search “NO PLAYER” in FargoRate...there’s a lot of them...with a rating. So I could only imagine how some operators code their absences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is supposed to be entered as mentioned above.

However, it does not always get executed that way, for one reason or another.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks..that's interesting
I'm still not sure what the overall advantage is to getting a game in the system
even against "no player"
the person that shows up can still play vs. who is there
so why fake it?

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our league plays you against Forfeit or vice versa. I would assume forfeit in Fargo has a near zero rating.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks..that's interesting
I'm still not sure what the overall advantage is to getting a game in the system
even against "no player"
the person that shows up can still play vs. who is there
so why fake it?

Not always about being "faked". Some people just screw up on the data entry end of things, and/or dont know any better.

The "no player" thing 'voids' the match for lack of a better term. It doesnt count for anyone.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Player is the INCORRECT way to enter those games.

LO should enter them as a 0 for the losing player and a WF (win by forfeit) for the winner, that way their Fargo is unaffected.

Don’t believe me? Have your LO contact BCAPL OR Fargo.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Player is the INCORRECT way to enter those games.

LO should enter them as a 0 for the losing player and a WF (win by forfeit) for the winner, that way their Fargo is unaffected.

Don’t believe me? Have your LO contact BCAPL OR Fargo.

This is correct. Every game scored in LMS with actual game score must have two correctly identified players.

In put forfeited game as WF or as, for example, as WF10 to award a win and 10 points. There is an option in division settings to include or exclude these game in individual standings.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is correct. Every game scored in LMS with actual game score must have two correctly identified players.

In put forfeited game as WF or as, for example, as WF10 to award a win and 10 points. There is an option in division settings to include or exclude these game in individual standings.

Per facebook, you have already discovered the issues at the Underground and other venues. The "no player" thing was explained to us as the proper way for this to go in, even though most of us thought it was a bit wonky.

There were multiple other issues with data entry, including games entered as wins for players, when there were no matches played. I have personally had this one happen multiple times. I think it was the fill in who entered them this way, but cant be sure.