How can I Tell the difference Between A Meucci O-1 & 95-17

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OL should have the printed "meucci originals" logo. The 95 will have the Meucci in script

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
OL-1 vs O-1

I have both an OL-1 with the meucci originals Logo and a O-1 which came out in 89 with Meucci script logo . the differences between them were the O-1 came with a black wrap and the OL-1 came with a black and white speckled wrap , the OL-1 birds eye maple is natural and the O-1 seems to have a light stain applied to make the birds eye stand out more . whether or not this was the case with all the O-1 s I don't know . I have a picture of them both together I will send you , I did have the wrap changed in the O-1 to a black and white to match the OL-1 , but the biggest difference I found is how different the hit is between them like night and day . I am not a meucci expert by any means just own both cues and giving my opinion

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The logo only gives you a time frame for dating these cues. The wrap color, stain/no stain/color of stain all has nothing to do with the model. I had in depth conversations with Mike Erwin about this before he passed and they basically built cues based on what materials they had on hand. If they were low on black linen you might get black/white speck. Etc. sometimes forearms got stain sometimes they didn't. It's really irrelevant. The value/collectibility is affected by the logos and that's it.

I've seen some odd color first brochure meuccis that weren't anything special. They were just made with what was available. As far as Meuccis go the earlier the more desirable, and the rarer the model adds to it as well.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:poke:

Oh...show a picture and I will guess what it is.

Yes there is a difference....

:thumbup: