Oh that feeling....

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you put the first ding in your new cue!!!
b237d024e27eb94f66455c7c0c022c39.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I finished a cue once bright and shiny and walking back to the lathe tripped over my flip flops and straight threw the butt at the equipment basically....was much fun lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ouch. Funny...a cue is a tool. It will get character marks. Yet we buy fancy cues and get PO'd when they ding. I do...but getting better. My first expensive custom ran $1000. Got a nice ding in the butt... had it refinished and it stays on the wall rack. My next daily player got really messed up..had it refinished and use it. I let a friend test drive a brand new 314-2 shaft...took 10 minutes and handed it back with a crater in it.

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Nearly the same spot I put that first ding in my Josey. What the hell, didn't hurt it's hit any.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Do this: Boil some water...get a clothes iron and turn it on to its hottest setting...get a dish rag and cover the ding...pour some of the boiling water over the area where the ding is...put the hot iron over the hot rag on top of the area where the ding is and let it stay on for about a minute...if not satisfied with the amount of wood raised then repeat the procedure.

This has worked wonderfully for me in the past. Now, dings don't bother me anymore (unless they're on the shaft).

Maniac

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do this: Boil some water...get a clothes iron and turn it on to its hottest setting...get a dish rag and cover the ding...pour some of the boiling water over the area where the ding is...put the hot iron over the hot rag on top of the area where the ding is and let it stay on for about a minute...if not satisfied with the amount of wood raised then repeat the procedure.

This has worked wonderfully for me in the past. Now, dings don't bother me anymore (unless they're on the shaft).

Maniac

He showed a picture of a chip in a buttsleeve, not a dent in a shaft.

Everybody knows the way to fix a chipped finish like this involves an overnight soak in a bathtub full of ice cold water and Mr Bubbles. :thumbup:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what a pretty cue

I remember Tim Scruggs telling me the story of Jack cooney
coming to baltimore to get some new shafts from Tim

Timmy had selected very carefully,he considered Cooney to be a top player
and really wanted to impress him.
first thing Jack does is roll his shafts on the dirty floor,jack says"I hate new looking shafts

I know they play good but I didn't buy them to look good,I want to play good or
something close

Don't sweat the small stuff,enjoy the cue,now you don't need to fear another ding

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what a pretty cue

I remember Tim Scruggs telling me the story of Jack cooney
coming to baltimore to get some new shafts from Tim

Timmy had selected very carefully,he considered Cooney to be a top player
and really wanted to impress him.
first thing Jack does is roll his shafts on the dirty floor,jack says"I hate new looking shafts

I know they play good but I didn't buy them to look good,I want to play good or
something close

Don't sweat the small stuff,enjoy the cue,now you don't need to fear another ding

That’s a funny story. I was just dumbfounded when I hit it. But I knew it was going to happen with playing a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I wouldn't know about such things... I have a superdeedopper Revo shaft.. It is so invulnerable to anything below a nuclear blast, that it's invulnerability has leached into the Schon butt I use it with!