Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The exhibition high run record at 14.1. For further info on the record, you can contact the BCA.

Yes.

Be sure to check with the two guys there who watched and certified JS' run: their PR guy and another guy who's primary background appears to be race tracks.

Lou Figueroa
at least it's not
hot tubs

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Already scheduled for other stuff. I see there will be one in March near Anaheim.

I think anything on the east coast will have to be connected with travel to a tournament due to transportation costs.

Yeah I’ll keep an eye out but I’m not holding my breath for the Annapolis showing. It seems like cool stuff is always happening in California, or at least the left coast.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The exhibition high run record at 14.1. For further info on the record, you can contact the BCA.

Wrong Bob!
The BCA who are they. They are really not a legit governing body for pool.
Babe Cranfield high run 768.
Mosconi had several runs higher than 526 but didn't count them because they were done without scheduled days and times and without people having to buy tickets to see the events (Exhibition).John has all the highest runs on video as no one records their runs much anyways and Cranfield / Mosconi / Harry Houdini or whoever didn't have cameras internet etc. Back then to use but then again no one has seen the unedited video to verify it is legit and never been altered have they.
Whats the difference between Cranfields and Schmidts runs?
Well Bob you play enough pool that you could call bullshit but We all know your friends with John. For the record I think your a great guy and have done a lot for pool but when all this goes down you might wanna stay clear not to tarnish your good name.
Did you sign a NDA? Can anyone show us that contract or will they risk legal issues and have to pay a million dollars to John for talking about or exposing the real truth.
Rigged conditions plus no unedited video equals CA-CA-DO-DO.
Here is a great link for everyone to get some education
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=484373

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have to wonder how many people are actually showing up and paying $50 for one of John's "exhibitions." Even though they are being held in my area I have no desire to sit and watch over four hours of someone running balls. Especially not if I have to pay $50 for that honor. But if it works for John then more power to him. Perhaps meeting John in person and listening to his commentary makes it all worthwhile. John is a good commentator!

I was amazed, and applauded John when I first heard he broke Willie's record. But it's old news now as far as I'm concerned. I doubt I would even buy a DVD if he had one for sale. It's just not my cup of tea.

It appears to be hard to capitalize on this accomplishment for John. At least he can say he did it and the video is verification of that. I'm not one of his naysayers. People for years picked apart Mosconi's record (8' table, big pockets, etc.) and they seem to delight in doing the same to John. Regardless of the circumstances I think John's run of 626 is remarkable and I salute him for it. He saw what he wanted to do and persevered until he did it. How many can say that?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
all well and good, but in the end it isnt an official record and anyone declaring it as such lowers their own credibility. and that is the point.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As said many times here and in other threads- even predating the claimed 626- topping 526 is going to be little more than a feather in a cap...and it is proving to be so.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Right? Doesn't Matter. Keep on typing, nobody's listening to the keyboards.

The bell tolls. Even the guru's and other pro's are now snubbing their noses at this claim in denial. Most pool players wouldn't sit that long for free to watch the same shooter playing himself.

It’s literally become a circle jerk. Making up new things each go round. Sanded slate, heated table, 5.5” pockets, not a true exhibition, NDAs ������

See you in the funny papers.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The bell tolls. Even the guru's and other pro's are now snubbing their noses at this claim in denial. Most pool players wouldn't sit that long for free to watch the same shooter playing himself.

Several dozen sat and watched Mosconi's run.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Stop inserting your nonsense into quotes from me. It makes me seem insane.

Sent from the future.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a background in hot tubs, but Mike said I'm not allowed to show those videos on the forum anymore. Rules are dumb!

lol.

When people find out I was the USAF Pentagon spokesman for Project Blue Book for several years and start asking me questions I always tell them: a hot tub, two blondes, and a bottle of tequila and I'll tel you everything I know.

Lou Figueroa

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As this thread slowly approached 50 pages, I get to wondering just WGAF if he ran 6, 60, 600, or 6000.

What difference to anyone on here does it make?

Will it affect your day, week, month, or year?

Does it make you worry or keep you up at night?

I figure he may have made 626 balls. I just don't consider it beating Mosconi's record, since it wasn't under the same conditions with the same type of equipment.

And, if he ran 999 on the exact same table Willie used, it still wouldn't cause me to get my undies in a bunch, like it seems to do for a lot of you on here.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
As this thread slowly approached 50 pages, I get to wondering just WGAF if he ran 6, 60, 600, or 6000.

What difference to anyone on here does it make?

Will it affect your day, week, month, or year?

Does it make you worry or keep you up at night?

I figure he may have made 626 balls. I just don't consider it beating Mosconi's record, since it wasn't under the same conditions with the same type of equipment.

And, if he ran 999 on the exact same table Willie used, it still wouldn't cause me to get my undies in a bunch, like it seems to do for a lot of you on here.
I agree somewhat with you. As a top player and a historian of pool I think every argument is meaningful to preserve history. I want to believe John ran 626 and he probably did. Also to note john is a great Player for sure, however taking all the shortcut and modifying everything possible and creating an advantage way above any standards that are in place is the biggest issues.
Then the next thing is really important.
What record did he John break anyways?
The highest run on video for sure but not the highest run and not the highest Exhibition run. Both of those record belong to Arthur (Babe Cranfield at a total of 768.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did we call the 526?

I guess that would be first step to answering that question?

I agree somewhat with you. As a top player and a historian of pool I think every argument is meaningful to preserve history. I want to believe John ran 626 and he probably did. Also to note john is a great Omar for sure, however taking all the shortcut and modifying everything possible and creating an advantage way above any standards that are in place is the biggest issues.
Then the next thing is really important.
What record did he John break anyways?
The highest run on video for sure but not the highest run and not the highest Exhibition run. Both of those record belong to Arthur (Babe Cranfield at a total of 768.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
What did we call the 526?

I guess that would be first step to answering that question?

Call the 526 whatever anybody wants.
2 things for sure are the highest Exhibition run is 768 by Cranfield.
Next is 526 wasn’t Mosconis high run anyways. He told me personally in Tennessee in 1987 or 1988 at the trade show he broke 600 3 times and didn’t count them himself because he had no opponent.
These are facts and a standard we all should go by.
Oh BTW stop back in my neighborhood so we can play some more. Place in town just got 2 new 9 ft. Diamonds and just ran a 226 last Tuesday. I promise to run 100 or more this time against you.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Probably better than the two guys at the BCA who "certified" the run.

Gotta wonder what kind of FargoRate those two guys have, lol.

Lou Figueroa
A high Fargo Rate and $1.50 will get you medium coffee at McDonald's.

Sent from the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.