Dispelling the myth: Magic Chalk

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I am logging into Ali Baba and see if I can get my own brand of chalk. I think that I will call it. Blue Hog Chalk. Cause it works 100% on all fine quality Pig Skin pool cue tips.

Available in Blue only. So don't ask for Pink, Pink.

be careful what you ask for.... BABA is notorious for knockoffs, and you may get your 1000 minimum cases of "private label" chalk as:

Blue Hag

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
be careful what you ask for.... BABA is notorious for knockoffs, and you may get your 1000 minimum cases of "private label" chalk as:

Blue Hag Chalk - Made in Canada, eh

Ok, had one minor correction ;)

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Magic Chalk is made out of cremated Smurfs and magic by Gargamel. He is actually quite the one pocket player.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
why such precautions? Could it get dried out?

Well, I'm planning on living another 30 years or so, so I don't know what the effect of oxygen has on chalk in that amount of time, as I've never had chalk that old before, so I thought I'd be more cautious to play it safe.

Kinda like I'd rather keep a cue I'm not gonna every play with inside my case than leave it in the rack in my basement. My basement is humidity controlled, so probably not much difference ?? who knows for sure, but I'd feel better about it...

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Magic Chalk is made out of cremated Smurfs and magic by Gargamel. He is actually quite the one pocket player.

Fuggin rail birds... thanks, now every Tom, Dick and Harry is gonna be making their own Magic Chalk instead of buying from me ;)

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Fuggin rail birds... thanks, now every Tom, Dick and Harry is gonna be making their own Magic Chalk instead of buying from me ;)

Nope... Never used any of those as an alias I did use Jake once but that's a long story..... "Great White" isn't made in Russia... It's made in Tennessee... 18 miles from where I grew up....

But we don't make "magic"...... We make....

atomic_mushroom_cloud-t2.jpg

SCIENCE!!!!

:thumbup: No "smurfs" harmed Guarantee!!

Wanted to put mushroom cloud on the botom of our chalk instead of the US flag with the made in USA slogan but was told it would not have been PC...

Sorry couldn't resist.... been down with the Flu all week and my sense of humor still may be a little off.....

LOL

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
LOL. No smurf guarantee... I want royalties ;)

But hey, Magic Chalk is made in Russia, just 4,967 miles from where I grew up ;)

Yes, Science is good, but great results are truly MAGiCAL ;)

Last edited:

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope... Never used any of those as an alias I did use Jake once but that's a long story..... "Great White" isn't made in Russia... It's made in Tennessee... 18 miles from where I grew up....

But we don't make "magic"...... We make....

View attachment 374593

SCIENCE!!!!

:thumbup: No "smurfs" harmed Guarantee!!

Wanted to put mushroom cloud on the botom of our chalk instead of the US flag with the made in USA slogan but was told it would not have been PC...

Sorry couldn't resist.... been down with the Flu all week and my sense of humor still may be a little off.....

LOL

I have a feeling your target audience (pool players) are the LEAST PC crowd there is. I know I am.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I have one last caveat to add to this discussion since some people think I am attacking RJ and Magic... I am on record saying Magic is great chalk... The issue I have is over Country of Origin labels... They are 100% required by the FTC and they are REQUIRED to be accurate...

Imagine finding out your Swiss watch was made in Panama....

Currently there are a lot of companies that are ignoring these rules entirely... OB just released their chalk and followed the rules... Predator is made in Asia as well... Go look at their tube or their pieces of chalk and tell me where it says so....

Moori and Kamui say Japan right on them. Kamikaze, Ultraskin, Wizard, Black King, Black heart, Cyborg, and countless others say absolutely nothing...

The extremes on cue components say made in the USA... They are imported so that's a worse violation than not labeling them at all which which is what they do on all their other in house brands.. They say nothing....

Yes we are a global economy and no it should not really matter where a product is made if you like it and it works.. But would you have paid top dollar for that Swiss watch that was made in Panama if it had said Panama on it....

Magic predates RJ and I am positive RJ and his son are great people and they had zero to do with the chalk packaging because it was already done when he found the latin connection... RJ found a great product and picked up distribution rights. Nothing at all wrong with that.. The issue is that the importer is in the end responsible for COO accuracy per the FTC...

I would like to see COO labeled accurately on the new labels and not just fix the Russian translation where it was wrong.. I don't think it would hurt sales regardless of where it is made but it would mean they are following the rules that are in place to create a level playing field and to allow consumers to make informed decisions....

If it turns out to have been Russian the entire time I will owe him an apology for including Magic with the other companies who are not following established import/export rules.....

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the off-topic comment, but I have a question about the russian billiard market...
Some time ago I was looking for a case, and I came across a russian site that sells billiard products. What is weird is that this site had some predator, poison and qk-s cases that the manufacturers themselves don't seem to have.
Eg. http://www.fortu.ru/catalog/keysy_tubusy_predator_blak_dlya_russkoy_piramidy
Predator Blak cases hard 1x1, 2x2 and even onepiece... If you click on any of those cases, in pictures you will see a sertificate that says that this site is a authorized predator dealer, so I guess those products are not copycat predator cases... But the predatorcues site don't have them, neither does any other online shop I have visited...
I notice that this site has 2x2 cases that predator themselves don't have, but they don't have the standard 2x4... (neither they have the poison 2x4, or any of the qk-s 2x4 or the 2x3... They have the same models but 2x2..)

So my question really is: What is going on here? Do the russian market get specifically made products? And if so, since lets' say predator makes those products, why don't they sell them anywhere else as well?

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magic Chalk

They make great shirts too. Thanks Chicago RJ. The shirt is 6/7 years old and still going strong, just like the chalk.

Attachments

• 8C18CD7E-1FB2-4C80-974A-E745FA2C7508.jpeg
    8C18CD7E-1FB2-4C80-974A-E745FA2C7508.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 364

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If U Apply After Every Shot, All Chalks R The Same....

Use whatever floats your boat but just keep in mind there are other chalks just as clean.
The most important thing is despite the brand, rigidly stick to a pre-shot chalking routine.

And remember as Dr. Dave has attested via scientific testing, all chalk perform the same.
There are some chalks that are less messy & some chalks last longer without reapplying.

Just buy or play with any chalk you prefer but adhere to a consistent pre-shot chalking routine.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i tried the regular blue one and liked it, then tried the turqoise one and it made a complete mess. i have gone back to master chalk

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought Magic and Blue Diamond and used them all the time.
Couple weeks ago I played all day and left those chalks in my case.
I played with Masters and never miscued or noticed any difference.
I do have the habit of chalking before every shot or two.

When my high end chalks wear out it's back to Masters.
$5.00 a cube or free and no difference?
For me that's an easy decision.
And I gave up on layered tips also.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought Magic and Blue Diamond and used them all the time.
Couple weeks ago I played all day and left those chalks in my case.
I played with Masters and never miscued or noticed any difference.
I do have the habit of chalking before every shot or two.

When my high end chalks wear out it's back to Masters.
$5.00 a cube or free and no difference?
For me that's an easy decision.
And I gave up on layered tips also.
For me its not so much the play difference as it is the lack of dust. My hands/cue/table are cleaner using BD/Magic.