So I'm In Action And This Happens - WWYD?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah if I know somebody is psycho I won't play them or even bet with them on the side. But I just can't walk away from that sort of treatment. There are definitely going to be words and I am willing to take the risk that I can handle myself.

So you would go to jail or pay some dip$h!ts hospital bills
and "pain and suffering" over $100, principal, or
disrespect?
The guy clearly has mental issues and probably little
to lose if this is how he lives his life.

To each his own I guess.

If you play a guy like this you should expect this outcome.
I would laugh and consider my role in this.
Count telling the story worth a c-note.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Personally, I'd tape it up and take it to the bank and never play the guy again. Everytime I saw him in there I would have a gloating smile on my face, knowing I beat him and he lost control of himself.

Life is too short to deal with drama. Move on.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I'd tape it up and take it to the bank and never play the guy again. Everytime I saw him in there I would have a gloating smile on my face, knowing I beat him and he lost control of himself.

Life is too short to deal with drama. Move on.
Exactly..............

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should assembly the bill and take it to an art shop and have it dry mounted to four ply mounting board of your color choice. Then framed with a little plaque saying something like, " Big Bob's meltdown" "January 27, 2020"

Hang it on the wall by your pool table, or wherever else you keep momentous.

Don't play him again until he fronts another hundred to replace the last one. That will pay for the mounting, frame and plaque.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will reveal Sunday...

enjoying the responses thus far.

love the jigsaw suggestion. :thumbup:

Can we have more information?

Is this the kind of guy who slams his head, rips up 100's,
and shows up a week later apologized for going off and
pays?
Scuffs around for 6 months to 2 years in other places
after one of these outbursts and shows back up like
it never happened?
Does this once a week, stands behind his craziness,
and asks who's next?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we have more information?

Is this the kind of guy who slams his head, rips up 100's,
and shows up a week later apologized for going off and
pays?
Scuffs around for 6 months to 2 years in other places
after one of these outbursts and shows back up like
it never happened?
Does this once a week, stands behind his craziness,
and asks who's next?
Idiots like this lurk in every room til owner gets smart and tosses their insane ass. Nothing but trouble in the long run.

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah if I know somebody is psycho I won't play them or even bet with them on the side. But I just can't walk away from that sort of treatment. There are definitely going to be words and I am willing to take the risk that I can handle myself.

Yup, that's how I would handle it also. I have a genetic defect when comes to taking crap from bully's.

How ever I decide to handle the torn bill is one thing, but he's not gonna pull that crap without hearing from me what a momma's boy he is !

Most guys like that crumble when anyone refuses their crap. They usually just pout and leave.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take it to the bank. I think they will honor it as long as you have both serial numbers...I once had a dog that shewed up my entire wallet, and luckily the bank honored most of the bills.

But the eternal reminder of the mounted bill and the plaque is awesome.

Either way the guy is never getting played by me again, and everyone I know or come in contact with will know the reason why.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my younger days there would have been a confrontation. I never liked bully's. My older and much wiser self would not bother to play anyone who behaves this way. I don't need the aggravation. Even if I KNOW that I can win money from them I still won't play them. A couple of hundred one way or the other is not going to affect my life. I prefer playing with people who are a lot more sportsmanlike and can take it whether they win or lose.

I've gambled with guys for $100 a game and went out to dinner together afterwards and they insisted on paying for dinner, even after I won several hundred from them. That's a real sport. I don't have time in my life for clowns like that A-Hole. And if someone like that approached me to play I just tell them I'm not interested. Problem solved. :)

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my younger days there would have been a confrontation. I never liked bully's. My older and much wiser self would not bother to play anyone who behaves this way. I don't need the aggravation. Even if I KNOW that I can win money from them I still won't play them. A couple of hundred one way or the other is not going to affect my life. I prefer playing with people who are a lot more sportsmanlike and can take it whether they win or lose.

I've gambled with guys for $100 a game and went out to dinner together afterwards and they insisted on paying for dinner, even after I won several hundred from them. That's a real sport. I don't have time in my life for clowns like that A-Hole. And if someone like that approached me to play I just tell them I'm not interested. Problem solved. :)

I would agree with this approach 100%- why bother to play with people like this? I have seen people act like this over losing pool games even when NOT gambling. Funny how games with a stationary ball (pool, golf) reveal true personas!

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone did that to me years ago. I think it was a ten though. I walked away and left the ten in pieces. In my view, I was stiffed until he paid me a whole 10. Eventually he did.

In this case though, he's big and crazy...and it was a hundred, so I would tape it together and keep my mouth shut.

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That is the best way to handle it, provided you know he's an A-hole to begin with.

Sounds like Chicken didn't know he was a wad before the first set, then his ice breaker joke backfired and got him into another set.

Sadly, this kind of behavior is becoming all too common.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a time, it has passed

Once I got in a fight with three guys for stealing my quarter off a table. I choose my battles a little more carefully these days.

Today I would laugh and get a ziploc or envelope to put the money in. Any bank has to honor it. If you carefully selected pieces you might get two hundred for it, I think anything over fifty percent of a bill is worth as much as the whole bill. If you can convince someone at two different banks that they are getting over half the bill you should be in like Flynn.

In my thirties I owned a business. A nearby business bought a thirty-five dollar item and then stopped payment on the check. I nailed the check up over my counter facing my waiting area where I knew people would see it and ask about it. It was fun but I eventually had to take it down. The asswipe could sue me and win for defamation of character or some such thing. Seems ridiculous but it is a slamdunk case.

Back to pool, if the guy is just violent towards himself I might have some mercy after awhile. If he threatened violence towards me I would be playing or breaking with a house cue. Either way, it would be handy. Crazy people are a threat to themselves and everyone around them. Smarter not to deal with them but crazy people that go off a hundred a set are pretty rare. I would be tempted!

Get'em Chicken! If the law prevents you posting on the light or with a third party I would tell him to give you a hundred dollar bill up front, then settle after each set and give the hundred back after the session.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen was a moron at the next table. He lost, paid, and tried to knock a hole in the wall with his head. Old building, it was a lathe and plaster wall. He dropped like a ton of bricks. He was annoying to step over trying to play so the owner drug him out the way. Gotta watch those studs too, saw a guy break a stud in a wall, and his hand! It was super punishment having to show off that cast for six weeks or so!

Most of the people shattering cue sticks and such are just acting out, "look at me, I am to good to lose like that!" I would proceed with caution dealing with people that self harm. Only a small step to harming others and they may use a gun. One of my employees and his twin brother fought like cats and dogs. One cut the other's throat in a bar one night. The guy lived through it. A few years later they were helping their dad roof his house. They got into an argument, one got down and got his gun. Shot his twin brother off the roof and killed him grave yard dead! Met the shooter's son years later. His dad was out and seemed to be doing fine in life. I never let on that I knew he had killed his brother.

Older, wiser, but I do miss the days when differences could be settled with an ass whipping and the other side be very unlikely to call the law. Don't miss Tom Ferry's story a little down the thread from the link.

Hu

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once I got in a fight with three guys for stealing my quarter off a table. I choose my battles a little more carefully these days.

Today I would laugh and get a ziploc or envelope to put the money in. Any bank has to honor it. If you carefully selected pieces you might get two hundred for it, I think anything over fifty percent of a bill is worth as much as the whole bill. If you can convince someone at two different banks that they are getting over half the bill you should be in like Flynn.

In my thirties I owned a business. A nearby business bought a thirty-five dollar item and then stopped payment on the check. I nailed the check up over my counter facing my waiting area where I knew people would see it and ask about it. It was fun but I eventually had to take it down. The asswipe could sue me and win for defamation of character or some such thing. Seems ridiculous but it is a slamdunk case.

Back to pool, if the guy is just violent towards himself I might have some mercy after awhile. If he threatened violence towards me I would be playing or breaking with a house cue. Either way, it would be handy. Crazy people are a threat to themselves and everyone around them. Smarter not to deal with them but crazy people that go off a hundred a set are pretty rare. I would be tempted!

Get'em Chicken! If the law prevents you posting on the light or with a third party I would tell him to give you a hundred dollar bill up front, then settle after each set and give the hundred back after the session.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen was a moron at the next table. He lost, paid, and tried to knock a hole in the wall with his head. Old building, it was a lathe and plaster wall. He dropped like a ton of bricks. He was annoying to step over trying to play so the owner drug him out the way. Gotta watch those studs too, saw a guy break a stud in a wall, and his hand! It was super punishment having to show off that cast for six weeks or so!

Most of the people shattering cue sticks and such are just acting out, "look at me, I am to good to lose like that!" I would proceed with caution dealing with people that self harm. Only a small step to harming others and they may use a gun. One of my employees and his twin brother fought like cats and dogs. One cut the other's throat in a bar one night. The guy lived through it. A few years later they were helping their dad roof his house. They got into an argument, one got down and got his gun. Shot his twin brother off the roof and killed him grave yard dead! Met the shooter's son years later. His dad was out and seemed to be doing fine in life. I never let on that I knew he had killed his brother.

Older, wiser, but I do miss the days when differences could be settled with an ass whipping and the other side be very unlikely to call the law. Don't miss Tom Ferry's story a little down the thread from the link.

Hu

Tom flew under the radar but he could play. He won the Missouri state 9 ball the very first time they had in in 1982 and then a second time in 2005 about 6 months before the cancer took him. I think he beat C J Wiley in the finals one of those times. Phil Spudich prevented winners from playing in it again to prevent the same guys from dominating the tournament every year. When he opened up to past winners in 2005 Tom captured it again - with a terminal illness. Played in it twice and won it twice.

Childhood friend of Louie Roberts.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
miss him!

Tom flew under the radar but he could play. He won the Missouri state 9 ball the very first time they had in in 1982 and then a second time in 2005 about 6 months before the cancer took him. I think he beat C J Wiley in the finals one of those times. Phil Spudich prevented winners from playing in it again to prevent the same guys from dominating the tournament every year. When he opened up to past winners in 2005 Tom captured it again - with a terminal illness. Played in it twice and won it twice.

Childhood friend of Louie Roberts.

I don't know why some posters are just special, and I mean that in a very good way. Tom was cunning in a pool room though. About 99% certain I met him. Somebody looked a lot like him and followed his MO he talked about on here. First night he had a clipboard, maybe the second night too, third night he didn't bother. After watching me twelve or fourteen hours whoever it was decided he didn't want to give it a try and we talked awhile. My hearing was already bad and I thought the man gave his name as Tom Ferriday. He also claimed he liked to hang out in pool halls coast to coast but never played himself. Yeah, right.

I wasn't in any rush to ask if it had been him and it seemed we had all the time in the world to get acquainted better. Then he announced he had a very few weeks to live and nothing else mattered. I never asked.

Hu