Harris Cues Meltdown on Eddie Wheat Proportions

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Also, what constitutes as "made". Reading it, it implies he fully made the cues.

Could it have been just the blanks or something else?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2qdDUkc.gif

giphy.gif

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
sent me a pm one time for no reason that was fairly rude. At the time I didn't even know who he was.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel for the guy... If my memory is correct, when I first started hearing about him, he was putting out 4 point veneered cues with ivory joints and moderate inlay work for prices comparable to what hobbyists and novice cue makers are selling sneaky petes and plain janes for.

I regret not giving him some business.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
I saw those post, too bad to see things like that on top of the natural disaster. I'm not with Mr. Harris but sad if indeed these folks took advantage of him, anyone in general for that

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel for the guy... If my memory is correct, when I first started hearing about him, he was putting out 4 point veneered cues with ivory joints and moderate inlay work for prices comparable to what hobbyists and novice cue makers are selling sneaky petes and plain janes for.

I regret not giving him some business.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I am sure he will cuss you too...even though you weren't a custimer.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I saw those post, too bad to see things like that on top of the natural disaster. I'm not with Mr. Harris but sad if indeed these folks took advantage of him, anyone in general for that

How did folks take advantage of him, other than the two mopes who still owe him money?

He's saying FU to anyone that bought his cues and sold them for a profit. He made his money on the original sale, so he should be one happy guy. As they found more buyers, he sold them more cues, who then sold them for a little more. Win/win for everyone involved.

Now, he's mad that not everyone is kicking in money to rebuild his biz. Yes, most companies have "wind" policies in Florida. Yeah, they can run into several thousand a year and have a big deductible too. So what. You can buy flood insurance from the govt.

I guarantee you my property taxes alone in Illinois will make your wind insurance and flood insurance look like chicken feed. Flood is not crazy expensive unless you live close to the ocean, then it gets a little pricey, but still NOT as high as property taxes in this shit hole called Illinois :)

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Oh wow, you could just tell right? :rolleyes:

First It had to do with his first original "S" logo. Also I sent him a pm one time when he first started out about making me a jump break and he told me he wasn't making any low end cues only high end cues. :eek:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buying insurance in Fla. can be a "tad" confusing. You've got wind and flood policies available. Some are a flat deductible others are a percentage of the value. I don't know what a decent overall(weather, fire,theft, liability,etc) policy for a cue business would run buts its not cheap.

There are more flood policies written in Florida than any other state.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
First It had to do with his first original "S" logo. Also I sent him a pm one time when he first started out about making me a jump break and he told me he wasn't making any low end cues only high end cues. :eek:
Cool. your first post made it sound like your spidey sense when off or something.

So regardless of the S logo that had you questioning him, you still wanted to buy a Jump Break from him?

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Cool. your first post made it sound like your spidey sense when off or something.

So regardless of the S logo that had you questioning him, you still wanted to buy a Jump Break from him?

I can't remember if it was before or after the S logo...

octy81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol you're going to see a lot of people trying to sell there Sly's , trying g to get there money back , and it sucks cause you order a custom think you're getting it from the maker to find out its made from someone else , funny I always thought their work looked very similar