Pool Ball Manufacturer

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I decided to post this thread here because it will get more exposure here than in any other place.

I have a need to know the exact name and location of the company that manufactures the American Heritage "Renaissance" pool ball. I reached out to American Heritage, but they were reluctant to help and because I respect their need for anonymity, I simply withdrew. Hopefully, there will be members here who will have access to the information I require and will be willing to share.

Thank you.

Boxcar

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I decided to post this thread here because it will get more exposure here than in any other place.

I have a need to know the exact name and location of the company that manufactures the American Heritage "Renaissance" pool ball. I reached out to American Heritage, but they were reluctant to help and because I respect their need for anonymity, I simply withdrew. Hopefully, there will be members here who will have access to the information I require and will be willing to share.

Thank you.

Boxcar
This is a guess but based on the price they're asking they probably have Aramith make them. Look a lot like Centennials. Could be Cyclop but i'm leaning towards Aramith.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garczar,

Thank you for that, but I need "line and verse."

These balls shine and sound like the newer high-tekky balls and they are tinted in the light areas to look like Centennials, but of course, they have double darts. The fields are faux ivory looking and the "sticks" are almost white around the numbers. The colors are vivid, a little bit like the Cylop Ares balls, but the light areas and the "sticks" on Ares balls are nearly a true white. In other words, they don't match either the Centennial or the Ares.

Yes, I need the Company Name and contact information if you can find it. I appreciate the effort.

Boxcar

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I couldn't find anythng on spec or tolerance.

Only a $525 MSRP and a disclaimer that they are not for commercial use.

Good luck.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you very much for the help. If you happen across the information, please let me know.

Boxcar

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I couldn't find anythng on spec or tolerance.

Only a $525 MSRP and a disclaimer that they are not for commercial use.

Good luck.

Wonder if they're really better then a price point set of Aramith?

Or just more eye candy, like a Rolex President Watch?

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
Not sure what you're implying...

But I have to assume by your comment that you know absolutely jack squat about watches... The fit, finish, quality of materials, sale and resale value of a Rolex Day-Date (President) is top shelf all around and is way more than "eye candy"

That's literally one of the worst analogies I've ever read.

Wonder if they're really better then a price point set of Aramith?

Or just more eye candy, like a Rolex President Watch?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But I have to assume by your comment that you know absolutely jack squat about watches... The fit, finish, quality of materials, sale and resale value of a Rolex Day-Date (President) is top shelf all around and is way more than "eye candy"

A man could live a winner's life if he ran the opposite way from whichever way the cowboy suggests.

Always.

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Even in the watch world there’re people who love to hate Rolex.

Yes a Timex will tell you the time and a Camry will get you to the store but that Toyota won’t get you there like a Ferrari.

Source: I own several Rolex’s, Omega, Marathon, Seiko’s AND Timex. I’m not a brand snob but I do know the differences.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For Watch Aficionados......

The standard for quality in Swiss watches has been for decades & remains so today, C.O.S.C. certification.
Rolex dominates the list with more certifications issued than any other brand. Omega is second, Breitling
is 3rd, followed by other brands such as MIDO, Tissot, Tag Heuer, etc. But performance wise, all C.O.S.C.
certified watches perform alike up until Omega proposed setting a new higher gold standard for the most
elite performers. So a new category was created by the Swiss Federal Institute of Methology called Master
Chronometer Certification. Currently Omega is the only watch manufacturer to obtain this certification but
Rolex adopted its own stricter C.O.S.C. version referred to as Superlative Chronometer....just a little trivia.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The standard for quality in Swiss watches has been for decades & remains so today, C.O.S.C. certification.
Rolex dominates the list with more certifications issued than any other brand. Omega is second, Breitling
is 3rd, followed by other brands such as MIDO, Tissot, Tag Heuer, etc. But performance wise, all C.O.S.C.
certified watches perform alike up until Omega proposed setting a new higher gold standard for the most
elite performers. So a new category was created by the Swiss Federal Institute of Methology called Master
Chronometer Certification. Currently Omega is the only watch manufacturer to obtain this certification but
Rolex adopted its own stricter C.O.S.C. version referred to as Superlative Chronometer....just a little trivia.

I was reading all of these response on watches and wondering if some here, like me, have had a collectors interest in watches similar to pool cues. I have found that an interest in fine watch making is similar to the interest in fine pool cues. Both seem to bring out a great appreciation for the finest workmanship, performance, appearance, design, etc. owning something that someone else took great pride in creating has an appeal all its own and fine cues and watches seem to match up in these areas. I am not a serious watch collector- but have been involved in that field as well to some degree.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garczar,

Thank you for that, but I need "line and verse."

These balls shine and sound like the newer high-tekky balls and they are tinted in the light areas to look like Centennials, but of course, they have double darts. The fields are faux ivory looking and the "sticks" are almost white around the numbers. The colors are vivid, a little bit like the Cylop Ares balls, but the light areas and the "sticks" on Ares balls are nearly a true white. In other words, they don't match either the Centennial or the Ares.

Yes, I need the Company Name and contact information if you can find it. I appreciate the effort.

Boxcar
Why is this so pressing? Just buy brand name balls and be done with it. Unless someone at that outfit tells you i doubt you're going to find out. Kinda like the Dynamic pool tables sold in Germany. They're made in China but they won't disclose the maker. Its in their contract not to do so.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the cowboy might have derailed the thread but I like his analogy. 20 years ago I received a two tone GMT Master ll for my birthday. Yes indeed it's eye candy. Because with all that fit and finish talk nobody mentioned how well a Rolex keeps time.

I have a Tag that's at least 35 years old and runs within seconds over a year. It cost one tenth the amount of the Rolex. Also have a Lumi Nox at half the price of the Tag. It's almost as good. And way better than the GMT at keeping time. But the eye candy does retain the value, no doubt about that.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Boxcar, I don’t have the info you seek. I’m curious why you seek it? That’s a very specific request I don’t believe I’ve heard of before.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since Hungarian is on the edge of his seat, I thought I’d jump into the fray and see what I can help uncover for Boxcar since I’m an explorer by nature and profession......but, since it’s a tad early as you can see here....

e24300202c7eadae18f5d6fecab7f087.jpg

.... AND since they most likely won’t be amenable before High Noon, I’ll get the dubious double darted devils onto the table for a runaround....

~ K.

UPDATE INFO: definitely made in China as per all packing materials - cannot narrow down the exact manufacturer. Yet.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two favorite watches I mostly wear are the Planet Ocean and the Avenger Titanium.
I was intending to add a Daytona but collecting pool cues just seemed to get in the way.

Attachments

• A37E41B4-666E-4A04-96C0-FD539BF5C572.jpg
    A37E41B4-666E-4A04-96C0-FD539BF5C572.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 215
  • AEF7D47A-2E4C-4C4D-8E58-82255FE07710.jpg
    AEF7D47A-2E4C-4C4D-8E58-82255FE07710.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 220
  • D50CFBB7-4492-44C5-A27D-D71ABF653E97.jpg
    D50CFBB7-4492-44C5-A27D-D71ABF653E97.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 220
  • C2FCDD19-9F0E-42DB-9800-4702CA5C83B4.jpg
    C2FCDD19-9F0E-42DB-9800-4702CA5C83B4.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 218

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not my style at all.... I am a fan of very thin, square faced watches.... the current trend of huge clockworks on your arm is funny as hell to me.
I know, quality of manufacture and all that, but it is still an ugly look for me.
Of course, we all have our own opinions....