Appraisal Request Schoen LTD

rickwen186

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Sale: Schon LTD

Ok guys, I am now selling this based on the advise all the guys below have given me publicly and privately.

Schon LTD
19 oz. Appox
Standard sized cue
2 ob-1 shafts (i do not have the original shaft)
2nd ob-1 shaft is a little crooked so I am adding that as an extra only, it does not influence the price I set.

I will have the shaft and butt cleaned by Mike Lambros' shop prior to shipping as a courtesy. Google the name, he will do a great job.

The boys on here tell me 600 - 900 for a cue that retailer at about 1100. I'd like to get 750 for this stick. Cleaning and shipping is included.

Attachments

• IMAG0451.jpg
    IMAG0451.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 630
  • IMAG0452.jpg
    IMAG0452.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 615
  • IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 607
  • IMAG0455.jpg
    IMAG0455.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 617
  • IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
you should be able to sell it for around 600-700 to the right buyer. thats just my opinion tho. looks like retail on this would be about 1100.

my 2cents from owning several schon's

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
you should be able to sell it for around 600-700 to the right buyer. thats just my opinion tho. looks like retail on this would be about 1100.

my 2cents from owning several schon's

biggamebob

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pronounced "Shawn"...& I agree..I've owned several Schon's & about $700 would be a good asking price. If you're lucky you might find someone to give you a couple hundred more, but I'm doubting you can get more than $900 for it.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's pronounced "Shawn"...& I agree..I've owned several Schon's & about $700 would be a good asking price. If you're lucky you might find someone to give you a couple hundred more, but I'm doubting you can get more than $900 for it.

with this market getting 700 for it would be very fair. there just isnt a huge demand for newer schons. if it was a runde era schon it'd be a different story.

Soulweb

One-Ball Champ
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It's pronounced "shown" according to DeanC..,who sells for Schon.

And I think if you can get 600-700 for that cue you should take it. That's more than I would pay for it, but maybe someone else will think otherwise.

RedCircle

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pronounced "shown" according to DeanC..,who sells for Schon.

And I think if you can get 600-700 for that cue you should take it. That's more than I would pay for it, but maybe someone else will think otherwise.

I speak German and it is definitely not pronounced Shown. Even the company Schon company does not pronounce it correctly. Why adopt a german name if you cannot even pronounce it correctly.

rickwen186

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to you all

I just wanted to thank everyone who has commented thus far. I really appreciate the help.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now from a different point of view. I have a Schon (STL 9) w/314-2 & Schon IV shaft. I prefer the IV shaft. Anyway, I bought a custom cue a while back and as much as I used it I'm back to the Schon. It just feels right. Half a dozen other name brand cues in the rack and they are all loaners. The Schon is for me, only.

You say your LTD is a great playing cue. I'll bet it is. What makes you think that spending the money and having a "custom" is going to play better?

I think my next cue will be a sneaky, but it will be a Schon. Maybe the R-7

If it's not broke, why fix it?

rickwen186

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wise words

I appreciate your wisdom on this, but I'm just feeling the urge to move on from what I'm my schon. I would like to try something with a non metal joint for one. I've hit with a few different joint types and they all bring a different feel to my stroke. I find that I want that "one piece" cue feel to my hit. I would also like my balance point a bit further back than what my schon is.

There is a cue maker in Baltimore that i met and his shop is a few blocks from my work. His name is Mike Lambros and I like the idea of having that relationship with the maker of my cue. He is a hard worker and a great guy.

Who knows, I may be back just like you, but for now...I need a change. Thanks again for your thoughts.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I appreciate your wisdom on this, but I'm just feeling the urge to move on from what I'm my schon. I would like to try something with a non metal joint for one. I've hit with a few different joint types and they all bring a different feel to my stroke. I find that I want that "one piece" cue feel to my hit. I would also like my balance point a bit further back than what my schon is.

There is a cue maker in Baltimore that i met and his shop is a few blocks from my work. His name is Mike Lambros and I like the idea of having that relationship with the maker of my cue. He is a hard worker and a great guy.

Who knows, I may be back just like you, but for now...I need a change. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Mike lambros makes one of the best hitting cues. You won't be disappointed with his work.

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I agree with the guy that was hinting at keeping your schon, dont fix something that isnt broken. When I was shooting with a pechauer and a players hxt. It sure as shit felt broken I enjoyed shooting with my lower end playes then either of them. I dont want to buy a LD shaft cause I find them unnecessary. As much as I would like to get a custom cue, the schon I have plays lights out and I would not trade it. Wouldnt trade my poison either only thing I would get rid of is my B/j but those are interchangeable and mine has a roll like a god damn kangaroo LOL

But its entirely your choice goodluck in whatever direction you cchoose!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
How do you pronounce Schön?:wink:

I see that you added the umlats.
Personally, I would not own a Schon cue that does not have the umlats.
Many people are upset because there are new Schon cues being made with the umlats.
I don't care if the cue is new or old, as it has the umlats.
JMHO on umlats

rickwen186

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
umlats

I see that you added the umlats.
Personally, I would not own a Schon cue that does not have the umlats.
Many people are upset because there are new Schon cues being made with the umlats.
I don't care if the cue is new or old, as it has the umlats.
JMHO on umlats

I actually didn't add these...it was Like that when I bought it from some older cue collector 4 years ago.

Soulweb

One-Ball Champ
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I speak German and it is definitely not pronounced Shown. Even the company Schon company does not pronounce it correctly. Why adopt a german name if you cannot even pronounce it correctly.

Der Teufel steckt im Detai

I was told specifically, the correct way to say it was "Shown" by more than one person who of course said they knew. I have read it on the net too. Alas, I obviously don't know. Translating any language to an American dialect generally results in a bastardization of it's original phonetic pronunciation anyway.

Either way...Why doesn't Evan get on here and straighten it out once and for all? lol

Nice cue. Keep the thing.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

So funny.

Yeah, from the 3 years of German I took in high school, I'd expect it to be pronounced more like "Schern".

Great cues though, I love mine!