Thinking out loud/My Pre shot routine through a rack

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is something different, wasn’t easy to do while trying to play a rack. Just going through my pre shot routine and whats running through my head when I’m going through a rack. Love to see other players do this, specifically Justin Bergman

I’m no pro or a coach. Hopefully get some good ideas from other players to add to my preshot routine etc...

https://youtu.be/QkgXTbYRCVw

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Good stuff... Only thing missing is that burning smell that always seems to be in the air while you're sorting out what to do. ;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Excellent, Dean.

Although I think you’re babying yourself...
...no kid bouncing a ball
...no dogs running around the table
... no clothes spinning in the dryer

What a nit...:)

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent, Dean.

Although I think you’re babying yourself...
...no kid bouncing a ball
...no dogs running around the table
... no clothes spinning in the dryer

What a nit...:)

Haha, thanks. Yeah, almost too easy without the distractions (yeah..right lol)

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Haha, thanks. Yeah, almost too easy without the distractions (yeah..right lol)

Really nice video, it confirms all the crazy stuff we're thinking about when the pool bug bites goes through other people's heads. I guess it means either we're all sane or all crazy in the same way :D

Speaking of distractions, I just got done playing some equal offense, was listening to Captain Beefheart Trout Mask Replica on the old record player. I love the captain, but man if you can focus with that blaring in the background, I think you have good concentration. Beach balls and the little one running around should make you dang near unshakable while playing out in the wild.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice video, it confirms all the crazy stuff we're thinking about when the pool bug bites goes through other people's heads. I guess it means either we're all sane or all crazy in the same way :D

Speaking of distractions, I just got done playing some equal offense, was listening to Captain Beefheart Trout Mask Replica on the old record player. I love the captain, but man if you can focus with that blaring in the background, I think you have good concentration. Beach balls and the little one running around should make you dang near unshakable while playing out in the wild.

Hey thanks. I don’t mind the distractions but definitely don’t want any balls thrown at me thats for sure lol.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Very impressive stuff here that underscores that all decisions must be in place before one gets over the cue ball. You have a good approach.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Dean....I’m ready for your next video.
My suggestion is one for the road rage types.
When I was a kid, I used to call it ‘pool paranoia’
Like things are going badly and you start having thoughts about all the reasons for missing
that aren’t your fault.

This could go viral

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean....I’m ready for your next video.
My suggestion is one for the road rage types.
When I was a kid, I used to call it ‘pool paranoia’
Like things are going badly and you start having thoughts about all the reasons for missing
that aren’t your fault.

This could go viral

Ah haha, I’m a lot better at keeping my cool now than when i was 5 years or so ago. Although, I was playing the 10ball ghost lastnight and had a few choice words going through my head, was getting alittle frustrated lol.

I know of a few players in the area i’d love to hear whats going through their head haha

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ah haha, I’m a lot better at keeping my cool now than when i was 5 years or so ago. Although, I was playing the 10ball ghost lastnight and had a few choice words going through my head, was getting alittle frustrated lol.

I know of a few players in the area i’d love to hear whats going through their head haha

I was a cool kid when I started competing in the big city...
...I had ‘amor fati’ before I even knew what it was.
But I saw a lot of guys wind themselves up...looking for any excuse for their misfortunes.
...it could be something their old lady said to them three months before...or a school teacher
that gave then detention in grade four when it wasn’t their fault. I had a friend who was a
cue-breaker...I would back him when he was short...must’ve gave him 4 cues.
You would be doing these guys a favor...showing them the ridiculousness of re-assigning
the blame when all along they could’ve solved the problem with a little sanity.

I’ve always felt the problem was failure to acknowledge the fear they were feeling.
I have always felt that fear is my friend...it gives you warning bells.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never had a table. It's interesting how you have developed a homey and probably more productive practice style than if you had to do it all at the poolroom.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But I saw a lot of guys wind themselves up...looking for any excuse for their misfortunes.
...it could be something their old lady said to them three months before...or a school teacher
that gave then detention in grade four when it wasn’t their fault. I had a friend who was a
You would be doing these guys a favor...showing them the ridiculousness of re-assigning

I’ve always felt the problem was failure to acknowledge the fear they were feeling.

I have no idea what an “amor fati” is lol. Did he break all 4 of your cues? Definitely agree about the fear comment.

Never had a table. It's interesting how you have developed a homey and probably more productive practice style than if you had to do it all at the poolroom.

I love to practice, like I’m playing a match, try my hardest and take nothing for granted. I can’t seem to get into drills too much, it gets too boring for me for some reason. I’d be screwed if I didn’t have a home table lol

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member

Guilty as charged... it's a tough one to get at as well. Over the last couple of years of playing again, I try to remind myself to play one ball at a time and don't worry or think about the last shot I just missed. I find myself working on that one a lot. I also find it helping me not beat up on myself a lot. It's a win-win.:thumbup:

I agree a video of that nature would be a valuable asset. :grin-square: