RIP Cyclop?????

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm this is news to me?? Do tell!!

TFT

p.s. Predator and Diamond are back together as well!

The Predator and Diamond Pro Events in Vegas last year were played on the new Predator cloth. I'm not sure if it is for sale yet.

Maybe there will be an option to get your new Diamond table with the Arcos II's.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I msg'd Dynasphere on this. They said only difference in the balls is the designs. All use same formula and meet same size/weight tolerances. I do like the Silver set. Traditional colors for me.

Did you happen to inquire as to their recommendations for care and cleaning?

So far I just wipe them with a damp cloth. No soap or polish. They still play nice and slick. I have only noticed one small black rubber smudge from the pocket liner. It wiped off very easily.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you happen to inquire as to their recommendations for care and cleaning?

So far I just wipe them with a damp cloth. No soap or polish. They still play nice and slick. I have only noticed one small black rubber smudge from the pocket liner. It wiped off very easily.
No. My question was simply the difference in the models. I'm sure you clean them as any others.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
No. My question was simply the difference in the models. I'm sure you clean them as any others.

I was thinking of the expertise I seem to be seeing in these balls. Would love to send it to their experts.
Could you shoot me the address?

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
No I am not color blind

The green 6 is what caught my attention. Following the link to the gold set, I see a green 6 in the picture of the balls in a box. Then below that the set racked has the gray 6. Perhaps some of the pictures need to be updated.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Hey man, i'm going by Dynasphere's CURRENT site. Have NO CLUE what site you're talking about. Probably last generation balls.

https://dynaspheres.com/item/pool-gold-572-set/

This is their site and shows 2 different 6 balls for the gold set. I would bet on the gray 6 being current.

The gray 6 is fine with me. My 2 ball is the color of the 7 in my Cyclop set. In a rotation game I need to pay attention. Missing it in practice is an oops in competition it’s an “oh shit”!:eek:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://dynaspheres.com/item/pool-gold-572-set/

This is their site and shows 2 different 6 balls for the gold set. I would bet on the gray 6 being current.

The gray 6 is fine with me. My 2 ball is the color of the 7 in my Cyclop set. In a rotation game I need to pay attention. Missing it in practice is an oops in competition it’s an “oh shit”!:eek:
You have to click on the box to see actual balls. The ones in the box are just illustrations. The 6/14 are that bird-turd grey color.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got an email saying that Predator Arcos balls are the new ball ball of the CSI Leagues. Dang. I thought Cyclops had their act together. Oh well. :confused:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got an email saying that Predator Arcos balls are the new ball ball of the CSI Leagues. Dang. I thought Cyclops had their act together. Oh well. :confused:
That's because Diamond lost their ball supplier, Cyclop. The co. that actually produces them, XinBiing, is now making the Dynaspheres for Loontjens in Europe. Same ball formula just new designs.