Silver Member

Attachments

• Pee on Fence.jpg
    Pee on Fence.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 804

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, he's a great shot and I've watched quite a few of his videos.

I'm tellin' ya though, watch that video again and at 3:50 those balloons just vanish into thin air. Given the slow mo you can see the smoke is barely moving yet the balloons just go away. Something ain't right.

I went to one of his demonstrations at the Jacob Javits Center, in Manhattan NY of all places. There was a huge outdoor sports show there, and I needed a break from all the people in the manufacturer booths pointing the guns at each other. I don't think that show ever came back after that first year.
I've also seen a guy from my home area, Sgt. Joe Walsh, who set a world record (look that up) shooting two revolvers simultaneously. He shot so fast you couldn't hear individual shots. Ten shots in under a second, and it sounded like 3 or 4.
But back to Bob Munden, in his show he talked about fast draw competition and how they use live rounds for that, and they have to hit a target for the time to count, but he was using blanks for this demo. He said that the unburnt black powder granules were what broke the balloons. After some blazing fast demonstrations, he had a guy come on stage and had him verify that he was loading two cartridges, and he'd shoot two balloons, then show the guy both spend casings. You honestly could not hear individual shots. Now I grant you that one shot probably could break both balloons, what with the spread of those granules from a short barrel like his revolver, but he'd shoot twice, and occasionally three shots that were not individually distinguishable.
I sat there before the demonstration and took it all with a grain of salt, but came out thoroughly impressed. He may not be the best at other things, but he was crazy fast, and put on a really good show.