Silver Member
Thanks Pinoy Pool Master worked.

16 12 Raga

The link you posted gets this:

Screenshot_2020-04-12 Log In or Sign Up to View.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has Raga ever been to US? I think only time i've seen him play is in Phillipines or Asia somewhere.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has Raga ever been to US? I think only time i've seen him play is in Phillipines or Asia somewhere.
I think he's been to U.S. maybe once or twice for a short stay.

I do remember Roy saying he was having trouble getting any kind of travel visa that would allow him to stay in US for an extended period. :mad:

The guy is a hell of a player it would be great to see him over here playing events.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he's been to U.S. maybe once or twice for a short stay.

I do remember Roy saying he was having trouble getting any kind of travel visa that would allow him to stay in US for an extended period. :mad:

The guy is a hell of a player it would be great to see him over here playing events.
No doubt. STRONG player.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Raga wins 25-18. He may be the new money game king of the Philippines. I don't think he's ever been to the USA yet. Raga must be early 20's now, maybe 21 or 22. He's been playing the big boys (Tier One) for a few years now and may be the top dog among Biado, Lee Van, Chua, Gomez, Aranas and DeLuna. Dennis is the last rung on that ladder. Dennis has reigned supreme for well over ten years but his supremacy may be coming to an end at age 40. He's had a long run on top and is still a great player. I don't think he's done with Raga yet. There may be more "Pool Fights" yet to come. It's not easy to give up that crown over there.

P.S. This is a guy who could match up with Filler and put him to the test. One match I would like to see happen.

P.P.S. This match may have been several months ago and I think they have played since. Raga may be ahead 2-1 overall. I'll check with Dennis later.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw a match on YT from 2019 where these guys were wearing exact same clothes at the same place. Match my have not been live today. Not sure. Kinda think it may have been a replay. UD: it was a replay.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw the beginning. Yeah i believe replay. Saw Dennis in another video recently, his hair was very short and thinning.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I believe they only played 2 so far.
First one Raga won. In rematch Dennis won with bigger payday. There should be a decider match :)

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Yes I believe they only played 2 so far.
First one Raga won. In rematch Dennis won with bigger payday. There should be a decider match :)

More than that. They played in Raga's turf . Alternate breaks format and Raga drilled Dennis. Dennis won the winner breaks format in Manila when they matched up again. They also played a cheaper set in Davao City ( south of the islands ).
They've been going at it for a while now.

If Raga can develop a much more reliable break, he can be a world title contender.
Problem is, breaking to match the elite players is actually a very tough skill to develop.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
More than that. They played in Raga's turf . Alternate breaks format and Raga drilled Dennis. Dennis won the winner breaks format in Manila when they matched up again. They also played a cheaper set in Davao City ( south of the islands ).
They've been going at it for a while now.

If Raga can develop a much more reliable break, he can be a world title contender.
Problem is, breaking to match the elite players is actually a very tough skill to develop.

So I guess Dennis is still the Money Game king for now. I thought this might have been a third match.