2021 BCA Pool League World Championships - March 3-13, 2021

CSI Media

CueSports International
Silver Member
WE'RE BACK!
We are already looking ahead to the 2021 BCA Pool League World Championships in Las Vegas, March 3-13. Although the COVID-19 pandemic has created chaos for pool leagues and events around the world, we are preparing for the next edition of "The Greatest Pool Experience in the World." A few things have changed so please read this post thoroughly so you are aware of what's new and how to become eligible.

We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Las Vegas.

2021-BCAPL-WC-Poster.jpg

NEW FOR THIS YEAR
Here's what's new for the 2021 BCA Pool League World Championships.

8 weeks of play requirement reduced to 4 weeks.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the difficulty it has placed on our leagues, the requirement to play at least eight (8) full scheduled weeks in a single division session during the 2020 calendar year has been reduced to four (4) weeks.

Original player requirement eliminated.
In the past, most 8-ball team divisions have required at least two (2) players from the same league team be on the team and play each round. That "original player" requirement is being eliminated for 2021. Teammates in the 8-Ball Platinum, Gold, Silver & Bronze divisions only need to be from the same league.

CSI Team division added.
For those who don’t have the opportunity to join a BCA Pool League, especially those from other leagues such as VNEA, ACS, TAP, APA, etc., we have added the CSI Teams division. Although this division requires all teammates to be CSI members ($30/year), has a higher entry fee than the BCA Pool League divisions, and has no added money, it does at least provide everyone a chance to experience team play at the BCA Pool League World Championships. To compete in the larger BCA Pool League divisions with more prize money and smaller entry fees, players should encourage their League Operator to make the league a member of the BCA Pool League.

Scotch doubles can be male/male, male/female or female/female.
Although this was introduced in 2020, it’s important to highlight it once again. Scotch doubles teams may consist of male/male, male/female, or female/female.

Pro events return.
Predator and CueSports International (CSI) are excited to announce the return of the $100k added Predator World 10-Ball Championship and the $25k added Diamond Las Vegas Open during the BCA Pool League World Championships. These events have become two of the most anticipated pro events in the world and you will get to enjoy them again in person for free in the CSI Arena.

<<LEARN MORE>>

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Am I being negative or just watching what is actually happening?

With numbers at an all time high and fall/ winter not far off, is this realistic?

People "planning" for the future: THE PANDEMIC DOES NOT SEEM TO BE GOING ANYWHERE.

So with what I have said, I wonder: is it realistic to say these types of events will be going on?

Will people participate?

Just seems awfully risky to people and not to mention $$$$.....<<--- notice what I did there, I put the important part first.

TFT

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

With numbers at an all time high and fall/ winter not far off, is this realistic?

People "planning" for the future: THE PANDEMIC DOES NOT SEEM TO BE GOING ANYWHERE.
No one knows where the world will be in seven months. Winter could make things worse. Some countries have cut their infection/death rates by a factor of 20 in two months. It's all up in the air.

But people need to plan for events in case things get a lot better, especially events that have a fair amount of lead time. Life will go on, eventually, and you have to be ready for that time.

I think it is better to plan for a good outcome but be prepared for the other. I imagine the Rio isn't requiring a room guarantee.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
No one knows where the world will be in seven months. Winter could make things worse. Some countries have cut their infection/death rates by a factor of 20 in two months. It's all up in the air.

But people need to plan for events in case things get a lot better, especially events that have a fair amount of lead time. Life will go on, eventually, and you have to be ready for that time.

I think it is better to plan for a good outcome but be prepared for the other. I imagine the Rio isn't requiring a room guarantee.

"the show must go on" route has gotten us in a WORSE position. Numbers are higher than they ever have been.
A huge part of my job is travel and generally speaking more than half the people I see are not wearing masks or social distancing. I know to steer cleer!

TFT

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A huge part of my job is travel and generally speaking more than half the people I see are not wearing masks or social distancing. I know to steer cleer!

TFT

The year 2045, 7:48 pm eastern,

Pat (Sajak), I'll have the OED for $800.

The answer is, this phrase entered the American colloquialism 25 years ago and was shown to many bandwagoners to be completely useless.

What is social distancing? Pat.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The year 2045, 7:48 pm eastern,

Pat (Sajak), I'll have the OED for $800.

The answer is, this phrase entered the American colloquialism 25 years ago and was shown to many bandwagoners to be completely useless.

What is social distancing? Pat.

50143003462_db64a3e8dd_z.jpg