Radar Gun suitable for Pool? Stop Shot Speed

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a radar gun for pool? Break speed will be measured but I need it to get down in the 4-7 MPH range to measure soft stop shots. One measure of a good stroke is how softly the stop shot can be stroked. APA 2 level players can hit the stop shot at warp speed but precision shape sometimes calls for the softest stun/ tangent line over possible. I routinely practice this shot at all distances apart but the only measure I have is how many diamonds the OB travels. Cloth makes a difference so it might not be possible to accurately compare measurements on different tables. For example: With the CB on the head spot and the OB at center table (two diamonds apart on a 9' table) with a full complete stop, my best so far; the OB travels 7 diamonds, 4 to the end rail and 3 back to center.
Make sure you set a ball beside the OB so that you can tell you got a perfect stop shot because even a 1/4-1/2 replacement ball cuts down on travel speed tremendously. It's a great drill.