MEZZ EXCEED HYPE oR superb playing cue ?????

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very expensive-
I never seen one in person
who uses one????
THANKS !!!!!!!!

From top of my head i know of two top players who play with Exceed:
Mario He and Oscar Dominguez
Though Oscar may have switched to other cue recently from what I heard;) And as far as playability goes Mezz is top production cue while Exceed is a cherry on the top of Mezz cake :)

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Quality is legit as they come, the highend Mezz cues are as nice or nicer than a lot of cues that are coming out of custom shops

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika plays with an exceed cue made to his own design. Its really just pride of ownership. You can play with a Axi Mezz cue with one of their standard shafts and it plays as good as any Mezz.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very expensive-

I never seen one in person

who uses one????

THANKS !!!!!!!!

Well I live in Japan so it’s a little different, but many of the pros here are on the Mezz payroll. Hayato Hijikata even has his own design in the Exceed line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having owned a few and seen others, I can tell you that Exceed is about as good as they come. These cues arent mass produced, lead time is typically one and a half year.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own one, have been playing with it since october last year after a 14-month wait period. Was well worth it though, it plays fabulous!

Mine is very simple, with macassar ebony forearm and butt and a cocobolo grip. No other inlays apart from the ringwork. Very simple, just how I like it!

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may decide to go with Exceed one day. I did purchase my first Mezz a few days ago. They have so many shaft options. I have read through that Monster Mezz thread. But I am still confused. I'll know if I like them by tomorrow. Got a full night of pool this evening.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own one, have been playing with it since october last year after a 14-month wait period. Was well worth it though, it plays fabulous!

Mine is very simple, with macassar ebony forearm and butt and a cocobolo grip. No other inlays apart from the ringwork. Very simple, just how I like it!

Picture needed!!! :thumbup:;) Because thats basically the way I would have my Exceed built :eek:

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picture needed!!! :thumbup:;) Because thats basically the way I would have my Exceed built :eek:

IMG_0443.jpg

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one on your photo has a darker, almost black forearm and butt. Funny thing is, when I ordered mine, I was expecting it to be like the one on your photo! Because the photos on the exceed-website show it like that too.

You can see on the photo I posted, that it came out much lighter, with a more visible grain of the wood. I don't know why mine is so much lighter, maybe they just felt like creating a lighter colored one... anyway, when I saw it for the first time, I immediately fell in love with it like it is, so no complaints on my part!

Last edited:

neilhin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All luxury items seem overpriced .... its about exclusivity. I own 2 and love them. I have Mezz cues as well. Do Exceed play better? I'm not sure. However, they do have more invested in R&D, technology, handpicked woods, etc.

If you have to ask whether they're overpriced, then they probably are. If I couldn't afford an Exceed, I would be very content with Mezz.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn I am drooling here :thumbup::D:D:D btw what kind of money are we talking about when this beautiful lady is involved? :)

1500 euros... so that's $ 1800+ I guess. Which is just about the cheapest they come by the way, because it is a wrapless cue (the EXD model line) with no special inlays.
The EXC model line (with linen or leather wrap) is more expensive and if you want some elaborate inlay work in there, prices go well above 2500 or even 3000 immediately. So I was just happy that that's not my taste! :D

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1500 euros... so that's $ 1800+ I guess. Which is just about the cheapest they come by the way, because it is a wrapless cue (the EXD model line) with no special inlays.
The EXC model line (with linen or leather wrap) is more expensive and if you want some elaborate inlay work in there, prices go well above 2500 or even 3000 immediately. So I was just happy that that's not my taste! :D

1500e (i am from Europe) is not that much considering it is Exceed ;) The only difference in mine would be darker ebony wood as I feel that it would really showcase that cocobolo better. And maybe those woods would be reversed - ebony grip and cocobolo forearm (similar to EXD-C/CMK). :)