Winners/ Losers Side

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can there be 2 winners' side semifinals?

Write up on the Ginky event says:
Kaci’s next match...set him (Kaci) up in a winners’ side semifinal match against Joey Korsiak.

Vann Corteza...found himself facing not-so-retired “Fireball,” Mike Dechaine in the other winners’ side semifinal.

Am I right that the LVC/ Dechaine match was the losers' side final?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kaci’s next match...set him (Kaci) up in a winners’ side semifinal match against Joey Korsiak.

Vann Corteza...found himself facing not-so-retired “Fireball,” Mike Dechaine in the other winners’ side semifinal.

Yes it was. Kaci beat MD in hot-seat and LVC beat MD to face Kaci in final.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It definitely makes sense now. Guess it was wording chosen to avoid "losers".

Everybody's a winner. Woo...hoo.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, there are 2 winner's side semi-final matches when there are down to 4 undefeated players, then there is a winner's side final to see who goes to the hot seat and who goes to the semi-final match, which I guess could also be called the one-loss side finals. Winner of that match then comes back to play the undefeated player - sometimes having to beat them twice to win, and some tournaments designated as a one race final.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Semantics. I would call the final match between 2 undefeated players the 1st semi final but some would call it the winners side final and the two matches that determine who plays in it the semi finals. It doesn’t matter, all that matters is the bracket.