Five grand to spend

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lilbukka said:
Ok, you have $5,000 to spend on a cue which cue maker would you choose and why?
I wouldnt use one maker but a couple of makers and number one would be Mike Webb Custom Cues as he makes a great cue for the money and stands behind his product unlike a lot of other makers that i have owned in the past.. Second would be a Kikel as i love his work and have never dealt with him or played with one of his cues... $2500.00 a piece should get a couple of nice cues :D :D :D

Addicted2CuesRU

Biff Lowman
Silver Member
$5,000 on one cue - I think I would get a TAD... They may be overpriced due to Asian market, but I love their classic stying... I am assuming that you mean new commission cue, not Vintage Cues...

Hercek or Barry Szamboti would be the only others I think I'd spend that much for a new cue (Maybe JossWest too... but id want some change back).

thediamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$5000? I would buy the Mottey I have just posted on the cue gallery
:D

Seriously......

Mottey
White
Hercek
Gina
B Szamboti (if its still possible for $5000!!)
Tascarella
Searing

Why? Because they are the best. Limited my list to cue makers alive and kicking. A few more but these are personal favourites.

F

Fred Agnir

lilbukka said:

Pete
Barry
Jerry

In no particular order.

Fred

Addicted2CuesRU

Biff Lowman
Silver Member
Anyone have James White's contact info... Does he work with Paul Mottey? I did some google searches and couldn't find him... I saw someone representing as him (JMWCues) on this site... was probably him, based on the info he provided, but I wasn't sure...

I want to find out what his wait list is and price some options for a custom cue...

Addicted2CuesRU

Biff Lowman
Silver Member
Thanks for the info... after I posted this Question I checked my e-mail and he had responded to a post I left in another string... Guess I shoulda checked my email first :eek:

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
lilbukka said:

I'd take that $5000, plus another $5000 and go straight to Barry's and get an 8-pointer loaded.

That is, if he took my shop order.

Barbara

B

Bruce S. de Lis

1 McWorther, and 1 Ginas. Jack Justice 2 x 4 CASE for Em.... :D

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
lilbukka said:

1 basic four point scruggs with veeners, 1 madison bob cue, 1 dz cue, and 1 zylr

That should eat up the 5k and from the bobs (dzuricky and griffin) I'm going to get a lot for my 800.

Should get the scruggs for about 1800, 800 each on the bobs, which leaves me with 1600 for the zyler.

Last edited:

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lilbukka said:

Joel Hercek, Dennis Searing, they make great cues.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry Szamboti
Joel Hercek
Dennis Searing
Paul Mottey
Bill Schick
Dave Kikel
Art Cantando
etc...

Can I have $100K?

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
iconcue said:
yea! but there is two szamboti's! :)

THERE'S ONLY ONE ON MY LIST: GUS. BARRY BUILDS NICE CLASSIC STYLE CUES, BUT THE PRICING IS OUT OF CONTROL FOR HIS STUFF.(JUST MY OPINION)