bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FF4AB973-AC62-4EEF-9D9E-324832C93E0C_zpswvnd2kwg.jpeg

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nope. Looks like a shabby cover-up to hide a chipped finish. If the rest of the cue is excellent, I'd call it "great condition, other than minor blemish that was poorly doctored."

bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The butt of a Philippi cue I bought on ebay. Described as GREAT CONDITION by the seller. It is rough to the touch and was poorly repaired by someone. Damage wasn’t disclosed.

Seller refused to pay $100 of $170 refinish cost by Philippi. He offered to refund but I can’t because it was my sons birthday gift and he wanted to keep it. Offering a refund doesn’t absolve a seller of being dishonest in my opinion.

bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you mean better picture? Is that pic not clear?

No relatives named Justin. I’ve also posted about this on Facebook buyer/seller transaction group.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I see thus far is like 1" of about 58".

Looks like a pretty old cue, that is a gonna be a real nice player.

The partial refund thing is bs, imo. I would never offer it, as a seller.

howardthedick

BIG Head Club
Silver Member
Full Refund plus Shipping both ways!

I offered this "gentleman" and I use that term loosely a full refund plus shipping both ways. How much more fair could I be? Then after he posted this, I have received several messages regarding this guy. All saying that he is a bottom feeder who tries to get everything for discount slashed prices. He got the cue on eBay for $610.
It has that small finish issue in the butt sleeve which I didn't see. The rest of this cue is perfect with 2 nice shafts. 4 point 5 veneer cue. He stole it at $610, I jumped at the chance to give him a full refund because I was totally disgusted that it brought so little.
Rick could buff that butt sleeve out for little to nothing. I wasn't planning on giving this guy back a cent as I've already lost money selling it so cheap. It's people like this that make cue sales just about impossible to stay in the business. I've blocked him from ever bidding on anything and unless you're looking for a pain in the ass, avoid doing business with this guy.

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
He offered you full refund and your shipping back?
Should have sent it back.
I’m sure the offer is still available.

Last edited:

howardthedick

BIG Head Club
Silver Member
Can't

He offered you full refund and your shipping back? And you make this post?
Should have sent it back.
I’m sure the offer is still available.

I can't give him a refund now, he's already left me my first Negative feedback in over 2700. That's telling in itself as to what kind of guy this is, how do you leave someone negative feedback after you've been offered a full refund???. I'm calling eBay as we speak as it is against ebay policy to blackmail sellers into refunds with negative feedback and that's exactly what he did.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. As Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story". The original seller was extremely fair in his refund offer. Buyer should have taken him up on it. To whine now is pretty, no, very lame. Just my $.02 worth.

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
Seller should have seen the poor finish and disclosed it, but I understand that mistakes happen.

When the buyer was unhappy he was given the option of a full refund. If he was unhappy with the cue he should have taken the full refund. IMO if he decides to not accept the full refund then that means he is satisfied with the cue and the price. To start posting everywhere about the issue after being offered a full refund is a bit much if you ask me.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. As Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story". The original seller was extremely fair in his refund offer. Buyer should have taken him up on it. To whine now is pretty, no, very lame. Just my $.02 worth.

I agree.

Refund with shipping was offered.

This should have been a done deal.

The Buyer wanted a partial refund based on a full refinish...but has not posted pics establishing a full refinish is required.

Seller has been proper in dealing with this.

Buyer has not been straight up in dealing with this.

Birthday present? My sympathy in your frustration, but whether or not it was a present has nothing to do with the deal nor anything to do with how this should be handled. It is used.

Leaving bad Ebay feedback is a bonehead maneuver. The seller offered a full refund including shipping both ways.

I bought a cue that was perfect. But the seller shipped it in a cheap soft case that had a metal tip scuffer shoved down inside it. I am sure that was an accident and he did not know that scuffer was in there. That tip scuffer scratched up the butt sleeve. He offered a refund. I declined, I wanted money for a refinish of the butt sleeve. He declined.

I kept the cue because I wanted it. I bought that cue maybe five years ago. It is a production cue but a very rare one that I had been looking for. I was worried I would not see another and I was right since I have not yet seen another.

The reality is the seller even misidentified the maker of the cue. In spite of me trying to correct him he never did believe it. Still does not. He's not too bright actually. I actually paid over retail for the cue (rare for me unless it is something I really want badly, I am a bargain hunter). Plus the guy had health problems and was selling a lot of crappy stuff for too much while basically crying he needed money for meds. I was compassionate. There were people who even sent him Paypal donations...so I figured over paying was just helping him out.

Did I leave him bad feeback? No. Did I bring it to the forum? No.

But I do make it clear to anybody that asks me about him that he is a bit of a lug nut that does not know what he is doing. And now he does cue repair and sometimes offers info on cues. Most of the info he offers is flat out wrong or at least questionable.

Why did I not leave bad feedback or bring it to the forum like the OP did here? Be cause he offered a full refund! It was me that did not accept it.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Would you sell a cue with a butt that looked like that and call it great condition?

Nope, I would NOT. That was deceptive advertising. Yes, I sell chalk, but I won't even sell chalk that has a crinkled or torn box. I put those to the side and sell those to my league buddies at a very discounted price. They don't care about the box. But, a new customer, who never bought chalk before might, and I don't want to take that chance.

Nobody, and I mean nobody who ever sold a cue ( and I have sold more than a few) would ever list that cue in great condition as well as "forget" to mention the huge nick that was poorly repaired.

And now, that same person is saying that it can be "buffed" out. Not bloody likely.

Last edited:

howardthedick

BIG Head Club
Silver Member
Selling Cues

First off Jeff Delair AKA jdxprs@aol.com on eBay , the negative feedback has been removed by eBay as it was not only unwarranted it was considered Blackmail or Extortion at best by eBay. Just like this thread is trying to tarnish my reputation. It's simply ridiculous. I offered a full refund, plus shipping both ways.....ENOUGH SAID?? No apparently not. I have blocked you from ever bidding on any of my auctions and I suggest everyone else does the same. On the condition of this cue guys, There were NO nicks, he's magnified a little finish issue on one side of the butt sleeve that I completely overlooked. The nose of this cue is like New. Anyone who knows me, knows that I do my best to make things right no matter what. I include my phone number on every post and auction to answer any questions or concerns and I encourage anyone to call me. I've been in this business for over 20 years, I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. I'm done with this rubbish and You Jeff Delair.
Hillbilliards on ebay with 100% feedback LOL

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
First off Jeff Delair AKA jdxprs@aol.com on eBay , the negative feedback has been removed by eBay as it was not only unwarranted it was considered Blackmail or Extortion at best by eBay. Just like this thread is trying to tarnish my reputation. It's simply ridiculous. I offered a full refund, plus shipping both ways.....ENOUGH SAID?? No apparently not. I have blocked you from ever bidding on any of my auctions and I suggest everyone else does the same. On the condition of this cue guys, There were NO nicks, he's magnified a little finish issue on one side of the butt sleeve that I completely overlooked. The nose of this cue is like New. Anyone who knows me, knows that I do my best to make things right no matter what. I include my phone number on every post and auction to answer any questions or concerns and I encourage anyone to call me. I've been in this business for over 20 years, I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. I'm done with this rubbish and You Jeff Delair.
Hillbilliards on ebay with 100% feedback LOL

WOW....
" I have had ALOT OF TRANSACTIONS -
Everything 1st class!!!!!-
GREAT DEALS TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!