Info on Valley Bar Box

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m looking for general information on this Valley Bar Box.

I’ve already purchased the table but I haven’t had it delivered.

I’m planning on replacing the rails for Ridgebacks or Penguin Pro and want to make sure I order the correct items.

Thanks in advance.

6d5dd9dad836a2d35f103505c4ec0375.jpg
37546e06507555e172c4e1625f850ddd.jpg
9c11a6b5519a166a254338f70b276c6e.jpg
28fd1e7703073bfeb5ef229429ec41e3.jpg

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I've been super happy with the Ridgebacks, they make different versions, depending on the table. You will want the 7' PRO Rounded Corner ones.

Last edited:

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been super happy with the Ridgebacks, they make different versions, depending on the table. You will want the 7' PRO Rounded Corner ones.

Awesome thank you!

Did you tighten up the side pockets as well as the corners or just the corners? Also, what felt are you using?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Looks like a ZD-4.
Look for the serial number inside the ball return.
Try this ID Decoder.....
https://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/docs/DateyourSerialNumber.pdf
and
https://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/docs/DateyourValleytable_006.pdf

Try this site for more info.....
https://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/valley_faqs.php

***Nothing can be done to improve the side pockets.***
No depth, because the table has a skinny width to fit in a small area.

Ridgebacks are the way to go.
The original and the best.
RKC here on AzB helped design them.

Last edited:

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Awesome thank you!
Did you tighten up the side pockets as well as the corners or just the corners? Also, what felt are you using?
The sides don't require anything extra, the Ridgebacks make them small enough already. I've used Simonis 860HR cloth on all of the conversions I've done so far.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Go with ridgeback rails. Built way better than any other set of rails.
There are two makes of replacement ridgeback rails. Make sure you order the rails for the older “rounded corner casting”
They also make a pro set of rails.

Rob.M

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just played on an older valley that had recently had ridgebacks and new cloth installed.

Made a WORLD of difference in the table.

I do not like playing 7' tables, but I actually enjoyed playing on those.

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you everyone!

It appears the consensus is Ridgeback 7’ Pro rails for rounded corner tables. I’ll discuss this with my mover/mechanic on ordering and installing them when the table is moved later this month. That and some new cloth.

Some background, I meet a buddy once a week and play for fun on a AMF (I think) 9’ with unknown cloth; it’s fast though. I also play APA once a week on 9’ GC with Simonis cloth.

My intent is to use the table to practice for my weekly games. Making the bar box pockets tighter to force me to be more accurate is a priority.

I do understand this Valley isn’t a 9’ but from speaking to better players they’ve told me the table size won’t make a difference to a good player.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited: