Funny story.

bdiesel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just recently acquired a Paul Mottey cue in trade for a few things.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the cue today at my work.

The DEA shows up with the package they thought I was getting drugs in the mail, little did they know, cue buying and selling is almost as addicting as drugs.

What an interesting morning thus far.

-Bruce

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's only half the story!

Why did they think it was drugs and how did that conversation go with them?

Did someone mold cocaine into ferrule and ivory joint shapes? Although with the ivory issues these days, that's probably not a safe hiding place for drugs hehe.

bdiesel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They walked in and were like, who is in charge here.

I work at a tattoo shop I was in the kitchen I just came out and was like sweet my cue is here!

There were 2 plain clothed guys, and some guy with DEA on the shirt gun and all lol.

They said it is coming from a rough place in California...and asked if they can open it.

The said it was a suspicious package (I don't see how it was a rectangle box and looked like an ordinary package)

I just said its a pool cue and I had my fingers crossed because it has ivory in it and I would have cried if they took it.

They opened the package poked around felt some stuff, and then said well have a good day.

I bet they wanted more action than that.

I figure there is a big festival going on here, Gentleman of the Road tour, Mumford and Sons are having a stopover tour here, the town is packed. I bet that had something to do with the whole ordeal.

Anyway, I got the cue and its sweet, can't wait to bang some balls with it tonight.

EDIT: I have also received a few shipments from the same address, I wonder if they thought it was some big drug mailing operation lol.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They walked in and were like, who is in charge here.

I work at a tattoo shop I was in the kitchen I just came out and was like sweet my cue is here!

There were 2 plain clothed guys, and some guy with DEA on the shirt gun and all lol.

They said it is coming from a rough place in California...and asked if they can open it.

The said it was a suspicious package (I don't see how it was a rectangle box and looked like an ordinary package)

I just said its a pool cue and I had my fingers crossed because it has ivory in it and I would have cried if they took it.

They opened the package poked around felt some stuff, and then said well have a good day.

I bet they wanted more action than that.

I figure there is a big festival going on here, Gentleman of the Road tour, Mumford and Sons are having a stopover tour here, the town is packed. I bet that had something to do with the whole ordeal.

Anyway, I got the cue and its sweet, can't wait to bang some balls with it tonight.

That is very hard to buy. They don't guess and hope on random pkgs. Either you or the sender is on their radar i'd say.

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Wait . . . you have a kitchen in a tattoo shop? :)

What's the name of the place? "Ink 'n Grub" ? :eek:

bdiesel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is an old house that was converted into a tattoo shop. The kitchen is still there (no stove or anything) a common area for the artists, with a window in the wall as a reception desk. Pretty neat shop actually!

As far as I know im not on the radar...I don't even drink alcohol.

I was thrown off by the whole thing, as the walked in I was like...wtf 3 postmen for my cue!!! This thing must be SWEET!

bdiesel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were hoping for some action I guess. Wrong dude I am as clean as they come haha.

I can't speak for anyone else but as far as I know people just drink.

I still find it really weird that they just "randomly thought it was suspicious"

Makes me wonder what their reasoning behind it was, I should have asked them.

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Your tax dollars at work.

It's the government, they prolly followed the wrong box! lol

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I'll be the judge as to whether this is a funny story, or not.

............Yep. It's a funny story. :smile:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I almost had an incident with the DEA once. I had a certain customer who I kinda assumed did not earn all of his money legally. I had his car at my shop for a couple weeks and he had stopped by with his posse a few times to check progress. Well I finished the car and this customer picked it up in the evening and the very next day the DEA arrested him and took all of his cars, motorcycles, and other stuff. Even though I had done nothing illegal I was very nervous irrationally imagining all kinds of things that I was going to be jailed for :eek:

bdiesel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya after he said he was DEA, my heart sunk for a second and I just was nervous.

Then I thought about it, calmed down and just hoped he didn't take my cue due to ivory lol.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I wonder how they draw that conclusion. I mean, if it's just a suspicious address that it was coming from I would have thought that they would x-ray the package before confronting you.
I would feel like they are crossing the line by coming to my place of business with this sort of thing. A person could get into a lot of trouble with their boss because of the DEA's mistake.

Send me your address and I will send ya some baking soda and we can see what happens!:eek:

BTW, congrats on your new cue. How about some pictures of it?

bdiesel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pm3_zpsf4b7f697.jpg

Here is a picture of the cue in which I traded for. Hope the seller dosen't mind me using his photo (worst pictures in north america right here)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My late Brother used to work for Canada Post. His main job was driving the larger truck and doing the pick ups from the air port several times a day.

He related a story to me one day. Apparently they substituted an air port worker for a narc
one day. This Jamaican fellow came in and asked for his package.

Once he signed for the package, it was his and the badge came out.

My Bro watched the entire scene go down and he said the look on the Jamaicans face, once he knew that he was done for was priceless.