AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello all,

Let's say you knew someone had taken the time to find,
then travel,
then interview and film the greatest players in the world,
both on and off the table, in action and in tournament play,
those passed on (32 have passed by my count, and of those 32, 28 on film) and those still living,
as well casual life and personal moments and did the same thing with the industry side of pool
and then
went to the professional golfers at the FedEx Cup-Cog Hill to draw comparisons between our sports (and then meet a 6'4'' Gail Boudreaux, former WPGA and WNBA star and her family-who play pool-who now is currently the President of United Health Care Insurance IL.)
and then
go with Barry Hearn, the owner of Matchroom Sport to
The World Dart Championships to show how Barry Hearn turns a tournament into an event, as myself and Brandon Shuff and 4 of the producers of "Britain's Got Talent", "X Factor" and the owner of 888.com watch the spectacle that is a Matchroom Sport production as well as 2 years unfettered access to every Matchroom event around the globe, including practice room moments, before and after matches, dinners and behind the scenes moments.
now take a girl who grew up in the Chicago rooms
where TCOM were filmed, watching and playing pool with the legends of the sport like "Bugs", "Jet" Billy I, Larry S., Chris G., Joey G., Freddy B., "Piggy", Sang Lee, Rafael M., Rudolfo L., Santos S. to name a few
Now, instill in her the desire to elevate the sport to the level that it merits and prevent her beloved mentors from ever dying broke and penniless again, by the woes of life or by their own hands.

I am blinded by my love for all of you, even the most wretched pessimistic, unappreciative, cons, knockers and haters.
There is love in my heart for you, because you've had to endure,
even if that meant giving up your dignity, your morals and your loyalties to chase a dollar or to chase a thrill or both.

I have had people from within our community piss on my parade,
saying that we weren't worth investing consideration in or saving.
"We" aren't worth it?

We have some of the greatest talent and thinking minds in the world,
strong enough to rival the military strategists of any country
and we're not worth it???

It is because I know pool,
I love pool and the people who play, the way I do,
that I have spent the time, money, and energy to film these moments.
I am sitting on 7years and 600 hours of gold that I am creating
"Raising the Hustler" from with The Making of RTH" chapters to follow that couldn't be included in the film.

So my question to you is-
how many of you feel this is a "lock"

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
film

I've done several documentary photographic projects. not exactly the same but similar.
what you have means a lot to you and other pool players. and that's where it ends.
if you took the three lead actors out of TCOM, nobody would have watched it, other than pool players.
you need a plot: who wants what from whom, how are they going to get it, and why now.
a few pretty faces, sex and drugs.
otherwise it's a PBS sleeper. IMO.
good luck, wish you all the best, hope it works

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I would watch it. The footage you have alone would be a pleasure to see. Good luck in your endeavors.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
A hanging game ball is not a lock. But it certainly sounds very interesting I would certainly watch but what about the non pool playing public?

Answer....?????????????

Best of Luck & Wishes!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I just hope some of the footage sees the light of day.

I dont know how you take 600 hours and turn it into 90 minutes but I'll pay to watch it if you do.

I know you have some great stuff. I also know how hard it is to get that available for people to see and how little money there is at the end of it. Best of luck to you on the project I look forward to seeing it.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
I think it is a lock if your presentation is great! I'm looking forward to anything that you come up with!

I wish you all the best success!!!

--Jeff

curlyscues

we're watching
Silver Member
i've been waiting to see some of this

ever since i first noticed this pretty girl with a video camera filming everything at every tournament i went to in the last few years, i've wanted to see some of the footage.

she filmed everything. the players, the fans, the venders, the directors, instructors, cue makers, even filmed people who were filming the matches. ;)

with all the great footage that has been captured, this should be a real treat. (with the possible exception of some footage of some scruffy old streamer.)

M.C.

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been around Pool for over 50 years.I grew up in pool rooms and loved every minute of it. I think your going to be very successful when you're done because in every walk of live, people are people, pool players are people and almost everybody loves characters and the reason I love pool is because of the characters.This could be bigger then anything that was ever done in POOL Wishing you GOOD LUCK and may all your dreams come true. Your biggest fan, FastEddieF.

bob c

In the Eye of the Storm
Silver Member
7 Years?

Has it really only been 7 years? It seems like a lot longer that you've been hanging in Chicago's pool rooms with camera in hand. Good luck finally bringing it all together.

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ever since i first noticed this pretty girl with a video camera filming everything at every tournament i went to in the last few years, i've wanted to see some of the footage.

she filmed everything. the players, the fans, the venders, the directors, instructors, cue makers, even filmed people who were filming the matches. ;)

with all the great footage that has been captured, this should be a real treat. (with the possible exception of some footage of some scruffy old streamer.)

M.C.

Was it Angel?

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
The pool gods are smiling. They are all gathered around the tv anxiously waiting, popcorn in hand.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You definitely have the goods, and I admire your attitude !..Its all in the promotion and presentation..If you have that, (or can get it) you have a good chance at success !.. However, reaching beyond all us hardcore pool nuts, is never easy !..The only film that has EVER really done that, (in the last 50 years) is "The Hustler"...A pretty lofty goal, and I certainly wish you all the best. :thumbup:

rabbits_foot.jpg

Last edited: