Movies with pool cameo's

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carlitos way Pacino sets up a trick shot that takes out a bad guy, Diggstown has an epic pool bet scene, Kalifornia, Brad Pitt kicks some ass while playing pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fran Crimi was the technical adviser for this shot. She recently posted something on Facebook about the challenges she faced in devising how it would work.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In "The American President," Michael Douglas and Martin Sheen shoot a game of pool in the White House.

Last edited:

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
I forget the name of the movie, but it's one of the umpteen Steven Segal flics where he fights with some bad guys over a pool table.

Do they even change the script for his movies?

Im pretty sure its called "Out for Justice". When he walks in the pool room yelling "Anyone seen Richieeeeeee?"
Interesting thing though is the guy who they called Sticks, the guy who he fought is Danny Inosanto, he is a legit martial arts expert who did some films with Bruce Lee.

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
Theres quite a few scenes in the original "Scarface" with Paul Muni in the pool room. One scene is where he comes in with a machine gun and blows all the sticks away on the wall, lol.

Also in "Angels with dirty faces" with James Cagney and Bogie, theres a good scene when Slip Mahoney from the Dead End Kids collects a bet from this kid who blew a shot. Slip snatches up the money and looks at the other kid and says "All gamblers die broke". lol, its classic.

Lots of scenes in the old gangster films with pool rooms, shame they dont make films like that no more.

Last edited:

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
In The Thin Man Goes Home (1945), Myrna Loy :lovies: follows someone through a poolroom and bumps into the same guy twice while he's trying to take a shot. Then she sits at the bar and tries to order a drink when she's told something like "Single ladies shouldn't be here." Then a fight breaks out because she's Myrna Loy :lovies:... I'd fight for Myrna Loy :lovies:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
The Greatest Game Ever Played - Some distinguished gentleman who run a golf club were playing Snooker.

Prometheus - Pool table on the ship that had chrome balls

Mystic Pizza - Julia Roberts character was a good pool player and had a small scene. Chick flick though.

bubble_cream

Registered
The Godfather part II
20 minutes into the 2nd Disc. Frankie Pentangeli is being held up in witness protection, after some dialogue about his hesitation to testify against Michael Corleone, he picks up a cue and shoots a couple balls.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In "From Here to Eternity" there is a pool table in the army base recreation room on which some play occurs.

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Rock N Rolla

Django Unchained -- The scene where they first meet Leonardo DiCaprio.

Trouble with the Curve -- Clint Eastwoods' daughter in the movie, runs the table against some drunk guy in the bar after a baseball game.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In Woody Allen's "Take the Money and Run" there is a very short scene in which Woody Allen himself tries, unsuccessfully, to hustle pool.

darren_simion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's this movie where Arnold Schwarzenegger walks into a bar to find Earl Strickland in possession of his boots, clothes and motorcycle. Earl has never been the same again.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Union Station (1950) has a scene where the hard-boiled detective questions some people in a poolroom.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sting II. Jackie Gleason puts the hustle on Karl Malden at bank ball

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
In Necessary Roughness there is the scene in Billy Bob's where the Texas State Armadillos fit with the Texas Colts. Also, in Law and Order there are several times in the series where Jerry Orbach is playing pool, and if you remember the series "Quantum Leap", there is a whole episode about a pool player. He's playing to settle a debt or something like that and at the end has to pull off a 3 rail kick shot to win.
Was there ever a Las Vegas episode with pool players? it would have seemed like a natural