St. Joseph MO

aj6788

Where do you play? Looking for cheap cheap action for practice for a tournament this weekend elsewhere... traveling with my infant, so it needs to be non smoking...?

I've found chalk & cue, they don't open until 6. Just want to be sure this is a good place or if there is a better option nearby?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Where do you play? Looking for cheap cheap action for practice for a tournament this weekend elsewhere... traveling with my infant, so it needs to be non smoking...?

I've found chalk & cue, they don't open until 6. Just want to be sure this is a good place or if there is a better option nearby?

Thanks.

I have no idea, but I see that you are pretty close to Kansas City. I bet there are a lot of very nice pool halls (with action to be found) in and around Kansas City.

I am not sure how up to date this is, but I just found this site (for tournament listings).

http://pool4u.com/SearchWeeklyTournaments.aspx

I see that a few of them are in Kansas City.

Last edited:

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joetown

Hello, I run tourneys at the Brass Rail (tues and Thursday nites)in KC 40 min South of St Joseph, but grew up in Joetown. Belt Bowl has around 12-16 bar boxes not in best shape and room is cutoff from everything but non smoking never seen anyone besides me there in afternoons, bar at other end of Belt Bowl has 3 tables non smoking w patio. Last Call Bar has 4 or 5 tables. My cousins run a Restaurant/Bar called Adams Bar n Grill only one table but food is excellent and affordable way better than Chains. And can probably arrange a match if you'd like.Pops Place in Southend has great wings 4 tables all these are non smoking as it has been banned. Monday nites in KC is good action nite at Side Pockets North on Englewood. Hope this helps

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joetown

If you're warming up for Big Dogs, the Adams Bar n Grill team will be at Last Call for League tonite, a few of us are going if you want play some in between league. We are pretty casual but pretty good shooters. Buddy here in KC took 2nd in last No Masters at Dogs and a couple of our players would have to give him weight. Otherwise hit up Barbosas for the Enchiladas with Red Chili and their homemade chips n guacamole, you won't want to anything after that!!! Haha enjoy

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chalk n cue pool hall. St. Joe. Mo.

Also there is a true pool hall at 216 s. 8th. St joe. (Downtown.). Got like 16 bar tables. 4 nine footers. And. 10 foot snooker table. Serves beer only. My friend Dave teed owns it. And he's a real nice guy. Also. There is a 8 ball tourney there on Thursday. Nite. Starts at 7 pm.