I CANCELLED A SALE-REVIEW/Opinons/FEEDBACK PLEASE

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did send the pm of this thread to the azhousepro-
asking if I broke any rules and haven't heard back yet-
thanks for your post-
"just what I was looking for this morning

You don’t have to break rules to be considered a douche. You just have behave in a manner than astounds the people present. Which you did. You had the money, all you had to do was send the cue. Instead you went full douchebag mode and ****ed a guy out of a cue HE PAID FOR.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don’t have to break rules to be considered a douche. You just have behave in a manner than astounds the people present. Which you did. You had the money, all you had to do was send the cue. Instead you went full douchebag mode and ****ed a guy out of a cue HE PAID FOR.

DAMN! I now see why your forum name is HITS EM HARD!

But I do agree with most of you here. The buyer offered an option that should have satisfied them both. But I don't think that's going to happen. The cue has probably already been sold to someone else that offered more money.

It's hard to tell from his previous post, if he still indeed does have the cue or not. If I was the buyer, I would definitely feel like my time was completely wasted. Especially after doing everything as per instructed by the seller.

On the other hand if I was the buyer, and he told me to send payment with friends and family, I would have said no deal right then and there.

As for the PayPal scam of the buyer saying they never received the merchandise, it's an easy fix. Send it with signature required. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAMN! I now see why your forum name is HITS EM HARD!

But I do agree with most of you here. The buyer offered an option that should have satisfied them both. But I don't think that's going to happen. The cue has probably already been sold to someone else that offered more money.

It's hard to tell from his previous post, if he still indeed does have the cue or not. If I was the buyer, I would definitely feel like my time was completely wasted. Especially after doing everything as per instructed by the seller.

On the other hand if I was the buyer, and he told me to send payment with friends and family, I would have said no deal right then and there.

If we really wanted to cause a problem for Duane, we could all report him to PayPal for breach of their TOS/EULA. He’d have his account banned and then PayPal would sue for all the money he’s screwed them out of.

raistlinsdragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked that because it seems like half the people who've chimed in think the same thing. Like you said, they aren't sure of anything but they'll indict someone just the same.

If he still has it, why hasn't he answered the seller about completing the deal?

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry I didn't make clear-
original buyer-ONLY ONE THAT HAS ASKED ABOUT THE CUE

Then why did you cancel a sale when you had the money in your account already?

So let’s say a 15 y/o, about to turn 16, wants to buy a car. Walks into a dealership with $20,000 cash and wants to buy that used red souped up Mustang. Your dumbass would tell the kid “sorry, no liscence, no driving history, never bought a car before. I can’t sell you this car.” And unless you owned the place, you’d be fired on the spot for incompetence.

You’re an incompetent **** wit. You should just send the guy the cue, then ask for payment after he receives the cue as an apology for treating him so badly.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
I pm buyer-waiting for reply
View attachment 532444

I feel like resolution is in the air
At the very least, the cue should ship to the buyers friend who has legit I-Trade ratings on Az so I hope one way or another the cue ends up in the buyers hands and you get your money, I-Trades are left and you both move on.
IMO...you brain-farted the deal. It happens even if you have 100+ I-Trades at 100%
On the surface and without knowing that you have all of those transactions, I would have thought you had very little selling experience.
I know from my own experiences that new buyers require extra scrutiny.
All concerns should have been addressed before you requested payment.
Never too late to learn from ones mistakes...in this case that is on you the seller.
Rather than (as an experienced seller) guiding a new buyer to a positive end, you made it a tough ride...I highly doubt that was what was intended but that is what transpired.
If I were the seller in this instance and I effed up I would certainly do something to make it right. If not cutting the sell price by $10.00 to $25.00, maybe shipping in a decent cheap case or including some kind of pool related item(s) or perhaps a gift card to a food chain...that's just me.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like resolution is in the air
At the very least, the cue should ship to the buyers friend who has legit I-Trade ratings on Az so I hope one way or another the cue ends up in the buyers hands and you get your money, I-Trades are left and you both move on.
IMO...you brain-farted the deal. It happens even if you have 100+ I-Trades at 100%
On the surface and without knowing that you have all of those transactions, I would have thought you had very little selling experience.
I know from my own experiences that new buyers require extra scrutiny.
All concerns should have been addressed before you requested payment.
Never too late to learn from ones mistakes...in this case that is on you the seller.
Rather than (as an experienced seller) guiding a new buyer to a positive end, you made it a tough ride...I highly doubt that was what was intended but that is what transpired.
If I were the seller in this instance and I effed up I would certainly do something to make it right. If not cutting the sell price by $10.00 to $25.00, maybe shipping in a decent cheap case or including some kind of pool related item(s) or perhaps a gift card to a food chain...that's just me.

You haven’t followed this thread very well. Many points are stated are outright wrong.

Duane had cue for sale.
Duane accepted a lower offer from newbie.
Duane received PayPal from newbie buyer in the manner requested; F&F via PayPal.
Duane in possession of the payment, then freaks out because the buyer has no iTrader. Or at least that’s his excuse.
Duane then refunds the buyers money.
Duane then creates this thread to expose himself as being an idiot.
Duane, who still has the buyers address, says he never got the address.
Duane attempts to create confusion by responding in a manner like a child.
Duane then admits he had the money and refunded it.
Duane, still acting like a child, thinks he was somehow in the right he cockblock a newbie buyer, because the guy is a newbie.
Duane still received the money, and was never in danger of getting ripped off or screwed around. Solely because he ripped off PayPal.

So at which point in the timeline, was Duane realistically going to be potentially in harms way from the buyer? Hint: it was never, because Duane requested, and received payment as F&F.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hilarious thread!!!

So fun to read.

If I understand correctly: Duane won't deal with a zero I-trader on a new AZB account, but, has publicly announced that he has no problem ripping off paypal. Am I also to understand that it is just standard business practice to rip paypal off continually? Seems so.

I am not understanding the logic.

Trent from Toledo

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
You haven’t followed this thread very well. Many points are stated are outright wrong.

Duane had cue for sale.
Duane accepted a lower offer from newbie.
Duane received PayPal from newbie buyer in the manner requested; F&F via PayPal.
Duane in possession of the payment, then freaks out because the buyer has no iTrader. Or at least that’s his excuse.
Duane then refunds the buyers money.
Duane then creates this thread to expose himself as being an idiot.
Duane, who still has the buyers address, says he never got the address.
Duane attempts to create confusion by responding in a manner like a child.
Duane then admits he had the money and refunded it.
Duane, still acting like a child, thinks he was somehow in the right he cockblock a newbie buyer, because the guy is a newbie.
Duane still received the money, and was never in danger of getting ripped off or screwed around. Solely because he ripped off PayPal.

So at which point in the timeline, was Duane realistically going to be potentially in harms way from the buyer? Hint: it was never, because Duane requested, and received payment as F&F.

I don't disagree...His last post indicates there may still be a sale to the original buyer and I hope that happens for all involved.
The seller screwed up and needs to make it right....where do you think we disagree?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Although Duane could have handled this differently, he has tons of good deals under his
belt and I like dealing with him.
On the other hand the buyer has been around and the risk just wasn't there.
I have sold a lot of cues to newbs that has typically lead to more deals, so I love the newbie.
Any newbies out there looking for a cue let me know...F&F, G&S, money order, check, cash, IOU, Zelle, Facebook, Samsung, layaway, you name it.
Oh, cashiers checks are nice

Peace
Ted

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't disagree...His last post indicates there may still be a sale to the original buyer and I hope that happens for all involved.
The seller screwed up and needs to make it right....where do you think we disagree?

That Duane hasn’t been banned because of his attitude towards newbies.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although Duane could have handled this differently, he has tons of good deals under his
belt and I like dealing with him.

Ted

I agree
Duane is a stand up guy who made a mistake. Trying to tear him a new one is going too far. As poolfool said this is headed to being resolved so let it take its course. I see some anger management may be in store for some of the other folks.

Last edited:

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re a freaking moron. First you’re screwing PayPal over by asking for F&Fpayment. You received the money. Which through the F&F paying, the buyer has no recourse to get back ever. You could have never shipped the cue and the buyer would have been ****ed. But you got stupid. You had the money, with the buyer having zero options for recourse to get his money back. And made the stupid assumption that because he’s new, you’re going to get ****ed? When you had the money?

You’re a moron.
You’re a greedy two bit knucklehead.
You’re an unscrupulous seller.
You’re a piece of shit who ****ed someone over for no damned reason.
You’re pathetic and should be banned from this site.

Well, another person just made my ignore list. Only the second one in 4+ years.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude's 'ol lady must have run off with the FedEx guy or something. I don't get the level of vindictiveness over a deal you had nada to do with. DR is a great guy with a great record on here. IF he dropped the ball somewhat here i'm sure it will be made right. Its between him and the buyer.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude's 'ol lady must have run off with the FedEx guy or something. I don't get the level of vindictiveness over a deal you had nada to do with. DR is a great guy with a great record on here. IF he dropped the ball somewhat here i'm sure it will be made right. Its between him and the buyer.

Everyone starts at 0 iTrader. It makes sense to be leery of someone selling thousand dollar cues as a newbie. It makes zero sense to deny a sale to a newbie buyer who is paying you. If Duane had asked for G&S, and then did signature required. His ass is covered 10 ways from Sunday. Since Duane asked for F&F, the buyers ass has absolutely zero coverage and is going off the honesty of the seller. The buyer never questioned Duane once. Duane made a blatant accusation that because the buyer had 0 iTrader, he was justified in his reversing of the payment. That’s ethically, morally, and from someone who has 100+ iTrader, integrity lacking.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here. Six in 12yrs ain't bad. Wish all forums had this feature. I've put some back on the "in play" list just because their level of lunacy was so entertaining. Some are on there for life.

Last edited: