My first win against a world champion - sorting thoughts

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Demi...Well you were sure the hell the hero in that story! Thanks for sharing. :grin:

I teach a lot about training your mind to focus only on the task at hand. Your story is inspirational to others. That internal drive is greatly helped with a very high confidence level in your stroke. That allows your unconscious mind to block out the demons (or sort out the thoughts, as you so eloquently put it!), and fall into deadstroke, or the zone. IMO they are one and the same. Falling into deadstroke has happened to most of us one time or another ...even if only for one game. What we couldn't control was when it was coming, or how long it would last! What a great story!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Hahaha. Thank you guys. I appreciate the feedback. I will make sure to share a few other good stories. Don't worry, I'm not always the hero in the story!

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Such threads, themes are really great and very useful read. I've really enjoyed reading your great story so as other posts of yours. Very informative, useful and inspirational for learning. Thank you for sharing and I wish you to have more great memories ahead.

BTW here is a nice match with great comments by Niels for learning.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ryRocIbsvM