Places to Play in Lansing, Michigan

samy1969

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Lansing all week and am looking for some places to check out. Here's what I've found searching the threads:

1) Pockets
2) MI Billiards
3) Curly Cues

Are these still valid? Any others to add? How about some details like # of tables, size, quality, league nights, and best action nights would be great? I'm looking for some 9-footers in good shape with some decent players around. Weekly tournaments would be good to, if there are any.

I also heard about a place called Plush Pockets, but it appears to be in Warren, which is close to Detroit and far from me (I have no car). But from what I hear, I should get there somehow...worth it?

Sam

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Lansing all week and am looking for some places to check out. Here's what I've found searching the threads:

1) Pockets
2) MI Billiards
3) Curly Cues

Are these still valid? Any others to add? How about some details like # of tables, size, quality, league nights, and best action nights would be great? I'm looking for some 9-footers in good shape with some decent players around. Weekly tournaments would be good to, if there are any.

I also heard about a place called Plush Pockets, but it appears to be in Warren, which is close to Detroit and far from me (I have no car). But from what I hear, I should get there somehow...worth it?

Sam

I actually haven't been to Lansing in years. I have heard that some rooms closed there. Don't know which ones. Might want to check the local phone books and try calling them. Wish I could help you more. (or any, actually)

lawful777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that Pockets is still open. They have a Friday night 8ball tourney and some weekend 9 ball as well. Will probably want to call ahead to be sure.... Nice place though, lots of tables and I believe some 9ft. You can verify with them....GL.

samy1969

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just spoke to the guy at Pockets off Washington. Still open, lots of Valley 7-footers, many gold crown 9-footers, and 3 billiards tables. The location is 5 blocks from my client's offices even! I'll be hitting this place tonight.

If you know of other places, let me know.

Sam

curlyscues

we're watching
Silver Member

1) Pockets
2) MI Billiards
3) Curly Cues

Sam
it is my understanding that pockets is still open. number 2 and 3 on the other hand are me.

2= my streaming company, 3= me.

M.C.

Catahula

I said "SIT!"
Silver Member
M.s.u.

I haven't been there in 40 years but I know I left 1.5 of my grade point average in the room at MSU student union. :eek:
Tommy