Movies with pool cameo's

bubble_cream

Registered
Was thinking that even though there isn't a lot of movies with pool as the main theme, there are countless movies I've seen that had a small clip of pool or pool in the backround. Good movies.
One that comes to mind is:
Batman, The Dark Knight. Half hour in, the Joker is in a pool room explaining to one of the gangsters how he got his scars.

Another is Fight Club.
Right after Edward Norton's apartment Explodes he is in a bar drinking witth Brad Pitt and there are pool games going on in the backround.

Any others?

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was thinking that even though there isn't a lot of movies with pool as the main theme, there are countless movies I've seen that had a small clip of pool or pool in the backround. Good movies.
Batman, The Dark Knight. Half hour in, the Joker is in a pool room explaining to one of the gangsters how he got his scars.

Another is Fight Club.
Right after Edward Norton's apartment Explodes he is in a bar drinking witth Brad Pitt and there are pool games going on in the backround.

Any others?
I was watching Red 2 yesterday and in one scene, the characters are in a diner/bar that has a bar table. What surprised me about this bar was that it had reds and yellows ala U style and not spots and stripes!

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Dazed and Confused is in my top ten.

Prometheus had a table in space.

Boardwalk Empire has had a few good scenes.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good ones

The movie 's Diner and Tin Men. One takes place in the late 50's the other in the early 60's. Both take place in Baltimore, I think the director was Barry Levinson.The rooms capture the great atmosphere of those era's.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carlitos way Pacino sets up a trick shot that takes out a bad guy, Diggstown has an epic pool bet scene, Kalifornia, Brad Pitt kicks some ass while playing pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The movie 's Diner and Tin Men. One takes place in the late 50's the other in the early 60's. Both take place in Baltimore, I think the director was Barry Levinson.The rooms capture the great atmosphere of those era's.

Diner is set in 1959 and Tinmen in 1963. They actually over lap, the character Bagel played by Michael Tucker is in both movies.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Another is Fight Club.

Any others?

"Racing with the moon" with Sean penn.
"Deer hunter"

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I forget the name of the movie, but it's one of the umpteen Steven Segal flics where he fights with some bad guys over a pool table.

Do they even change the script for his movies?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The movie "Bull Durham" has a scene in which Kevin Costner sips on a beer as he sits in the bleachers in a Durham, NC poolroom.

The scene was shot in The Green Room, a great pool hall in Durham, NC. I've shot there many times and highly recommend it.

Last edited:

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot Clint plays pool, Smoking Ace's, Dead Presidents has a couple pool scenes, Perfect Storm bar scene,

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A movie with Gabe Kaplan called "Fast Break" has a good scene with an actor who is a good player. The pool scene plays a pivitol roll in the movie.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to admit I know this, but Boomerang....to name just one

Boomerang was filmed at The Billiard Club, one of New York City's first upscale poolrooms during TCOM boom. During its best years, it really was one of the most elegant-looking poolrooms I've ever seen.