schmelke cues whats the deal

2balls

Registered
Looking for a good bar league cue..that will get beat around. stumbled on schmelke and notice the super low prices..junk?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with a Schmelke. Great cue for the money. Upgrade the tip. Any tip except the one that comes with it.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
I have seen a couple of them. Looked to be very well built. May be the best bargain in cues today.

Larry

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a good bar league cue..that will get beat around. stumbled on schmelke and notice the super low prices..junk?

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

Stumbled on them? They have been around a long time. :smile:

They have a good reputation and you will find some sincere fans around here.

The only ones I have are very old, so I can't comment with personal experience about their current products.

From what I have seen, it's a great option. Get a standard joint and you can easily upgrade the shaft later if you like.

The price? Simply a good value as far as I know.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
All kind of options with Schmelke cues. I like the hit of their implex joint, they are going to be hard to beat for the price.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
4 posters called Schmelke a horse. It’s time to saddle up. Get one. Welcome to AZB.

Last edited:

2balls

Registered
Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

Stumbled on them? They have been around a long time. :smile:

They have a good reputation and you will find some sincere fans around here.

The only ones I have are very old, so I can't comment with personal experience about their current products.

From what I have seen, it's a great option. Get a standard joint and you can easily upgrade the shaft later if you like.

The price? Simply a good value as far as I know.

Thanks Chopdoc.long time member first time posting..ive learned a lot on here . Since joining in 2013..think ill try one.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell no not junk. Perfect for what you want. I've bought 3 basic sneaky pete's, they are full-splice, good hitting cues. I sold my 1st two to friends that wouldn't take no for an answer when asked if I would sell, so I would just order another. David Schmelke or Kim are great to deal with!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Chopdoc.long time member first time posting..ive learned a lot on here . Since joining in 2013..think ill try one.

Indeed, I saw that.

Every once in a while we have a long time member that makes their first post after a number of years lurking.

IMHO this is a great community.

I am glad you finally spoke up. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have one with a UniLoc that plays great and will
accommodate a REVO

Attachments

• AE1DDE4C-85BD-4345-8475-76B8317AB3BC.jpg
    AE1DDE4C-85BD-4345-8475-76B8317AB3BC.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 697
  • 3FF413A8-4D17-4B21-A4F4-0322CB5E3A04.jpeg
    3FF413A8-4D17-4B21-A4F4-0322CB5E3A04.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 699
Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
prob the best bang for the buck on low $$ cues and for use as a bar cue - a perfect choice!

if I were to order one I would ask that they not use their standard "Schmelke Cues" logo because imo it's not aesthetically pleasing. They will accommodate this request, btw. :smile:

great company, making quality cues in the USA (Wisconsin) for about 70 years.

Can't go wrong!

best,
brian kc

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
prob the best bang for the buck on low $$ cues and for use as a bar cue - a perfect choice!

if I were to order one I would ask that they not use their standard "Schmelke Cues" logo because imo it's not aesthetically pleasing. They will accommodate this request, btw. :smile:

great company, making quality cues in the USA (Wisconsin) for about 70 years.

Can't go wrong!

best,
brian kc

No Logo's on mine also. I love this purple heart.

Attachments

• Schmelke.jpg
    Schmelke.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 734

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plays the same if not better than a high end McDermott.
I've hit with several and could not say 1 was bad for what they cost!
Better than allot of the cues in their price range.

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke cues

Not junk at all here are pics of mine.

Attachments

• sc1.JPG
    sc1.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 380
  • sc2.JPG
    sc2.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 369
  • sc3.JPG
    sc3.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 380

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is an overlooked fact. Those prized sneakys from top cuemakers in the past often were made from Schmelke blanks.

No doubt. My best sneaky (my travel sneaky, if you will) is from a Schmelke blank built by Sheldon to my exact specs.