Anyone know this Schon cue?

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I came across this cue being sold at a pawn shop (these are the only pics I have, sorry) I see the condition isn't great and I have concerns that it may be fake. I dont know much about Schons but this one is being sold at a very affordable price and im thinking of buying it. Is there anyone out there who could tell if this is real by THESE pictures? Thanks for yalls help!

AND sorry if this is in the wrong place.
f35a9a97665e4b23279d28c00dd9f5ce.jpg
48959d8cf957aac289219ff39a49a58b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Legitimate R1/STL1

Needs a refinishing. Nice scoop for $250 if the shaft is decent

Legitimate R1/STL1

Needs a refinishing. Nice scoop for $250 if the shaft is decent

Yeah, that is a beautiful authentic Schon. $250 seems very reasonable for that cue. I would not pay for a refinish though, at that price. I would leave it as is, and just shoot with it.

So I came across this cue being sold at a pawn shop (these are the only pics I have, sorry) I see the condition isn't great and I have concerns that it may be fake. I dont know much about Schons but this one is being sold at a very affordable price and im thinking of buying it. Is there anyone out there who could tell if this is real by THESE pictures? Thanks for yalls help!

AND sorry if this is in the wrong place.
f35a9a97665e4b23279d28c00dd9f5ce.jpg
48959d8cf957aac289219ff39a49a58b.jpg

How much is the pawn shop asking for the cue? It is authentic, but I hope you do not overpay for it.

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow thanks for all the replies, yeah i think im gonna go ahead and buy it, I'll post pics after the sale, thanks again.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Is that stacked leather? It looks good against the maple.

Make a reasonable offer, it's a pawn shop afterall. Or ask them to open their books and see what they can do.

I would send it to Proficient Billiards if it were me. YMMV

Good luck.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
nice Schon ...

************* BE CERTAIN PAWN SHOP WILL ALLOW RETURNS OR AT LEAST STORE CREDIT -
IN CASE THE CUE IS WARPED....
no sense buying a used warped cue- a little more $$ and Get a nice new or newer cue :wink:

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As many have said, it's a Schon. Depending on price, it's a great find. I doubt you can get it refinished for the $100 mentioned. I had a Schon refinished at their factory in Wisconsin a few years back, and I think it was $175 then. Good luck with getting it reasonably. Personally, I love my Schon cues as players.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A local cue maker or capable service person would most likely do that for a $100 in person.
Proficient Billiards will do it my mail for $145.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would send it to Scot at Proficient Billiards.

Seems pretty silly not to get it refinished.

Ken