Action for OMGWTF

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before anybody gets brain damaged from travel across the continent, maybe it would be more prudent to examine the options closer to home. I would be inclined to put up 200 dollars and I think I could raise the balance, in the room for a 10 ahead 9 ball match between one Jenny Lee and Mellinda for 500 dollars.

This could be cheap thrills in Santa Monica on table 11. This all subject to the players agreeing to the match. I think IMHO this would be a great match.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Not that Melinda needs anyone's help in these matters, nor am I speaking on anyone's behalf, but..... I gotta' ask.....:confused:

Since you made no mention of a handicap, do you believe that the match you're proposing would be remotely fair?

J

omgwtf

massiveunderstatement.com
Silver Member
Before anybody gets brain damaged from travel across the continent, maybe it would be more prudent to examine the options closer to home. I would be inclined to put up 200 dollars and I think I could raise the balance, in the room for a 10 ahead 9 ball match between one Jenny Lee and Mellinda for 500 dollars.

This could be cheap thrills in Santa Monica on table 11. This all subject to the players agreeing to the match. I think IMHO this would be a great match.

Who's paying the table time? It's expensive over there. :grin-square:

liakos

Banned
What are the levels of play? Is melinda an A/shortstop or B/A level player!? What is Jenny? Some people consider me an A- player, does she give me weight or is it even??

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's paying the table time? It's expensive over there. :grin-square:

i found a link to your blog in another thread and decided to pay a visit to it.

after reading a lil bit i think you are very witty and have a fantastic point of view on a lot of things.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as weight is concerned you are not playing with your own money in action. This is a prize fund winner take all. It would be Jenny's prerogative if she wants to give up weight. I am not convinced that you need weight. Either way you have nothing to lose. I have somebody talking to Jenny to see if she wants to play; but knowing her I can almost gaurantee she will play.

Regarding the 10 ahead, since I will have to pick up the time maybe it would be better if it were a race to 25. All subject to mutual approval of the players of course.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Winner take all for $500 prize money. Table time paid for?

OMGWTF can only lose bus fare or win $?

They can side bet as well.

Sweet.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that POV will be streaming the 1st Sunday in December at Hard Times plus they have bleachers for sweaters.

omgwtf

Silver Member
As far as weight is concerned you are not playing with your own money in action.

I misunderstood then. This is actually an exhibition match.

Of course Jenny will play. She is a legend and my hero. I would never have begun gambling without her example.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand how my first post could be misunderstood but stranger things have happened. This is not an exhibition match. The match will be played in Santa Monica on table 11. I thought race to 25 is better than the 10 ahead on account of the fact that 10 ahead could potentially go on for days and table time is sold at a premium at SMHOB. Winner take all, Texas express rules, rack your own balls and winner breaks. Prize money to be $500.00 guaranteed to the winner.

My guy is going to check with Jenny and I will talk with him today. So if the players are so inclined the match will proceed. My understanding of an exhibition match is that the players both get paid to show up and play for spectators. This will be a two player tournament.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Not that Melinda needs anyone's help in these matters, nor am I speaking on anyone's behalf, but..... I gotta' ask.....:confused:

Since you made no mention of a handicap, do you believe that the match you're proposing would be remotely fair?

J

Looks as though I misunderstood also, sorry. :sorry:

J

omgwtf

Silver Member
I don't understand how my first post could be misunderstood but stranger things have happened. This is not an exhibition match.

My understanding of an exhibition match is that the players both get paid to show up and play for spectators. This will be a two player tournament.

It was misunderstood because I have never encountered this situation or proposal.

In pool, if I do not stand to lose anything but I do get to play, then it is almost as good as getting paid. :grin-square:

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just left Richard a message so I am waiting for him to get back to me regarding Jenny's attendance to this matter. As far as the 8 ball spot let's see what she thinks, I would think December 23rd or 24th would be good days for the match.