Better equipment, shafts, Tips, and Kamui Chalk, but the 526 RUN RECORDS Stands?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I only played in 4 or 5, NO MONEY in it!

Came in, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 6th, 4th.

Well, maybe if you'd won the damn thing your payday would have been bigger and you'd of been happier about the whole thing :) In any case, sounds like you took a lot of swings at it but just couldn't close.

Lou Figueroa
possible...
likely

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Well, maybe if you'd won the damn thing your payday would have been bigger and you'd of been happier about the whole thing :) In any case, sounds like you took a lot of swings at it but just couldn't close.

Lou Figueroa
possible...
likely

At best, winning the event was a, 'break even' proposition! The ONLY reason I even played in the few I did was, I was automatically qualified in my region for being the TOP point earner as usual! Sort of obligated! Don't get me wrong, it's used to be an honor to play in the US 3C Nationals, when you had to win your way into it! Now a days, any egg with $500 entry fee gets in!

If YOU consider 5 TOTAL attempts,83, 84, 85, 93, 94and finishing in the TOP half of the field, poorly, then I guess a, 'short stop's idea of doing well in the countries most protégés event is way diff then a professional player's!

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 120

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing to consider as John tries to break the record and I am by no means demeaning Willie's accomplishment. When Willie ran 526 he did not have the "pressure" of breaking the record of a legend. When Schmidt gets close (he will) there will be that thought in the back of his head putting added pressure on the situation.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
George Rood and Russ Maddox were partners in that room.

Russ Maddox used to tell anyone who would listen ( he was a daily regular for at least 15 years or so in our room ) that he owned that room when Mosconi ran 526. I asked Howard Barrett about that and, according to Howard, who ran pool rooms for Russ several times in several places, Maddox was, diplomatically speaking, "full of s**t.". I've since been told just as you said, PT, he owned it after the fact. Knowing Russ, I'm surprised he didn't tell us *HE* ran the 526. I suppose that would've been a bit much, even for Russ.

Last edited: