Why no Guidance on Covid-19 from Cloth, Table Manufacturers or the BCA?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I guess no one at the BCA has given much thought to getting us some guidance so we can figure out a way to do business with some of these Pool Rooms that are going to be struggling due to no players playing.

I do realize they are a trade organization but their partners might want to sell some tables and perhaps some cloth.

That can't happen if people aren't playing pool.

I can't play pool in public if if I don't know the table hasn't been sanitized or they won't let me spray the table down with sanitizer and spray chlorinated water on the balls. I have a health concern that won't be kind to me if I catch this critter.

I'd like to keep my local rooms in business and I guess I was thinking that the trade organization might take steps to ensure its members stay in business.

Was I expecting too much? Probably so.

Last edited:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are they going to say because this is the entertainment industry and we can live without it. They make the equipment but it’s up to the room owners to apply policies to keep the place sanitized. I just can’t see any way we can safely play. It’s a game we play. I know some people use leagues as part of their daily lives and they are probably struggling to stay at home but they have to overcome the virus, room owners willing to open and league operation.

I know leagues are dying to start again since it’s a franchise and league operators can be absent and safe while players are exposed. They show up at night to collect envelopes. So they are good.

Players in the other hand are exposed.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great points, Robin.

I was thinking along similar lines regarding the major manufacturers themselves - from Brunswick, Diamond, Aramith/Saluc, Predator, and so on.

What a tremendous opportunity to chime in and spread the word and support of how we can all embrace these new changes when it comes to playing pool. On a global scale.

The days of old where manufacturers were directly involved with small businesses and pool rooms to assist with their success is long gone. Personally, if I were in the CEO driver’s seat, I would launch a revival program and revisit historic successes and extremely helpful info coming from those making and supporting the industry.

Maybe someone will take notice of your post, sir.

Hello? BCA?

~ K.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I'd also be interested if anyone has heard anything about how things are going to be done at their local room when this lock down is over.
I think it helps owners to make up their minds when they hear what other owners are going to do.

Great points, Robin.

I was thinking along similar lines regarding the major manufacturers themselves - from Brunswick, Diamond, Aramith/Saluc, Predator, and so on.

What a tremendous opportunity to chime in and spread the word and support of how we can all embrace these new changes when it comes to playing pool. On a global scale.

The days of old where manufacturers were directly involved with small businesses and pool rooms to assist with their success is long gone. Personally, if I were in the CEO driver’s seat, I would launch a revival program and revisit historic successes and extremely helpful info coming from those making and supporting the industry.

Maybe someone will take notice of your post, sir.

Hello? BCA?

~ K.

Good Sam

Registered
I saw somewhere that Aramith recommended isopropyl alcohol followed by Aramith ball cleaner. No bleach or hydrogen peroxide for the balls.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wool is organic so the virus lives indefinitely in the tight weaves. Just burn the wool off and blowtorch the slate and you should be fine as long as you throw away your clothes and wear a 2014 ASTM/OSHA Approved gas mask or later. Good luck!!

PS- The above is Bullshit ( I think)

Last edited:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think everyone is thinking like me but afraid to say it.....there’s really no to play pool safely. We handle balls and have to deal with the table and cloth. Just look at our hands after playing. It’s blue. Look at the bathroom sink color.

The only way I see is to lay a plastic sheet or like painters sheet across the table and play in that. Afterwards throw it away.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Wool is organic so the virus lives indefinitely in the tight weaves. Just burn the wool off and blowtorch the slate and you should be fine as long as you throw away your clothes and wear a 2014 ASTM/OSHA Approved gas mask or later. Good luck!!

PS- The above is Bullshit ( I think)

I can get you a deal on the sanitizing equipment...

DB64D48E-B332-46AB-B150-D9FBF1951562.jpeg

But seriously, Robin.....I won’t be going to the billiard industry for advice on this....
....department of health?....or something similar

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BCA doesn't have it's own scientist to figure this out,
the World Health Organization said there wasn't any thing to be concerned about,
just what guidance can possibly be given that hasn't been paid for,
other than common sense?

Like Banking, know your opponent, the history of where they have been and with who,
the fundamental holy grail of deep state governess, should be fun if you're a bureaucrat.

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
Worried? Stay home

Anyone who's worried about catching a virus from playing pool should just stay home, no worries then. If it's not covid 19 it's some other form of the flu or the common cold or hepatitis or ect.ect.ect. covid in all its forms is never going to be gone, so we just have to live with it. Maybe they will find a vaccine for it but many will not get it so will be there forever, maybe not infecting a large number but it is still there. I guess in short, stay home and stay sheltered as long as you want , but don't expect the government or someone else to support you....I'm still working, paying my bills and as soon as Ohios governor mike stalin and his side kick Dr.Amy assclown open life back up I'm going out..

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... they won't let me spray the table down with sanitizer and spray chlorinated water on the balls.

Was I expecting too much? Probably so.

!!!

We don't need nut jobs out there spraying all kinds of shit all over the room just because they're paranoid or going to die from a stern breeze.

Spraying chlorinated water.... WTF!?!? You're going to kill people!

Next we'll have people spraying ammonia and bleach because... well you can't be too safe!!

Crazy shit.

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My room is open and far from struggling. Lots of happy players.

If you’re worried, stay home. At least from what I’ve seen, no one will notice.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like someone mentioned please don’t spray any chemicals or anything like it in a pool room that is not yours. I recommend stay at home but if there are people there then you are doing a disservice by spraying homemade chemicals everywhere.