looking for new break cue

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the money

In Europe we play 9ball with 9 on the spot so being able to play the cutbreak with sidespin is essential. And for that LD breaker helps a lot, especially at new cloth used at Eurotour where deflection is MUCH higher than on "normal" cloth. Also carbon fiber cues have quite better energy transfer than wooden cues in general so that helps as well.
If you play 9ball with 1 on the spot or 8b/10b then LD breaker would at least allow for a imperfect tip placement/unwanted spin while still sending cueball relatively straight. ;)

YES, thank you. I just don’t like to type. Rep sent

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you found the replies up until this to be off topic than no, you probably don't need a break cue of any kind at any price point. You just need to practice more and study the game.

JC

Actually I did find the info about LD shafts swaying off topic, but learned something from all the replies and How do you know what I do and do not know about the game or how much I pratice?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
And back to our regularly scheduled program.......
Of the available break sticks is an amateur like me going to really see a big difference from a $200 break cue and a $700 one?

No. Get the PureX.

Where do you live?

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion is if you're playing 9-ball on anything but the worst equipment and can break from the rail, save your money and use your playing cue.

You don't have to hit them hard.