International Open

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the love of God, do not ever use Billy Gibbs ever again, he almost makes watching unbearable.

I hear ya but Pat is loyal TO A FAULT-Truly!! I think it hurts his PPV #'s and the post tourny sales when people see/know who is commentating and it's one of these guys.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wonder if this tourny is in trouble with only 100 players and missing $28k in the prize fund. Last year was full, no? Were the payouts 'guaranteed or guaranteed with full field? If Pat has to pony up 28k from his own pocket, it may spell trouble for this event continuing?

What say you?

I think 100 entries is good for the entry fee.
If it was still $500 there would be a waiting list.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i believe it's 50k added, so the purse is $150,000. Not a bad payout and once again a great field of players. I've watched bits and pieces and pat fleming is doing a good job of producing this event. I like seeing "rackers" on every table and some good refs overseeing the matches (hello ricky bryant!). The seating looks good as well for all the spectators. The tight diamond tables are another plus.

Capture.jpg......................

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think 100 entries is good for the entry fee.
If it was still $500 there would be a waiting list.

Wasn't it full last year? If so there must be a reason for the not yet well established 'trend'. I love the event but that is irrelevant!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
These guys spread so much bad info, that shot wasn't even close to the 9 ball Shane missed last night. Also, they kept saying the 9 ball Max made in the final game v Shane went straight in. It's like they aren't even watching the matches.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Wow....Aranas is up 9-1 on Orcullo

Dennis was trying to make a game late last night...maybe missed some sleep?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I think so too.
Historically, eventual winner from the undefeated 4 on the winners side
I think it will be Little Ko- Kazakis final. Kazakis will take down Filler later today cos he knows his game too well
But any of these 4 can win whole thing. Watch out for the dark horse and relatively unknown Lechner
:D

View attachment 533218

thanks for that. well, max lechner is no longer an unknown entity in the pool world. it would be some sensation if he took this trophy. my hope is still dodong, but i guess filler and ko are the most likely winners

it's scary how many extremely good players there are now, when you think about it.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
thanks for that. well, max lechner is no longer an unknown entity in the pool world. it would be some sensation if he took this trophy. my hope is still dodong, but i guess filler and ko are the most likely winners

it's scary how many extremely good players there are now, when you think about it.

It's all gonna come down to who's break is working. All these guys are running out with ease when they are breaking good.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wasn't it full last year? If so there must be a reason for the not yet well established 'trend'. I love the event but that is irrelevant!

113 players last year.

Edit -- 96 this year.

Last edited: