predator sneaky pete or "custom" SP w/ Z2 shaft

Skippy9Baller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was hoping to get some opinions on my next cue purchase. I've played w/ a friend's Z2 shaft and really liked it. I love the feel of a wood/wood joint. I would like to get a custom sneaky with a radial pin joint like an Arnot Sneaky or a Josey Sneaky with a Z2 shaft.

Does anyone have opinions or experience on how one of those cues would play compared to an off-the-shelf predator sneaky pete like SP4RW with Z2 shaft and unli-loc wood/wood joint?

I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
Skippy

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmm

I was hoping to get some opinions on my next cue purchase. I've played w/ a friend's Z2 shaft and really liked it. I love the feel of a wood/wood joint. I would like to get a custom sneaky with a radial pin joint like an Arnot Sneaky or a Josey Sneaky with a Z2 shaft.

Does anyone have opinions or experience on how one of those cues would play compared to an off-the-shelf predator sneaky pete like SP4RW with Z2 shaft and unli-loc wood/wood joint?

I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
Skippy

Arnot makes a laminated shaft, so why not just pay the few extra backs with Arnot and get a nice American made shaft that you know is top notch, because he only uses great wood.

And no I don't know Arnot or own an Arnot, but I have shot with an Arnot and know of his reputation for quality woods he uses in his cues.

Skippy9Baller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arnot makes a laminated shaft, so why not just pay the few extra backs with Arnot and get a nice American made shaft that you know is top notch, because he only uses great wood.

And no I don't know Arnot or own an Arnot, but I have shot with an Arnot and know of his reputation for quality woods he uses in his cues.

I guess that would be the T3 shaft that he makes. I am considering that shaft, too. I've never played with one, though. I might need to find a way to test one out, before buying.

Thanks for the input.

Skippy

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
for the price range you guys are talking for a sneakey....why not just get a BOB FREY? He was the one making those in Scruggs shop for years and they are the nutZ.

You can get a nice one for $500 maybe under.....hits like it costs 2k lol

scottyr44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To this day out of all the cues i've owned, my favorite has been a 300 dollar joss sneaky with a predator z2 shaft.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
for the price range you guys are talking for a sneakey....why not just get a BOB FREY? He was the one making those in Scruggs shop for years and they are the nutZ.

You can get a nice one for $500 maybe under.....hits like it costs 2k lol

I like the way you think Ghost. Get the best custom sneaky you can afford and you will not regret it. Traded a cue 33 years ago for my Spain, didn't know it was a "Spain" because I never heard of him then,as I was only 15. But it was a merry widow. Still shoots lights out with the orginal Spain shaft (straight) and just had her refinished by Joel Hercek. And no, I'm not going to be adding a Predator shaft to the Spain anytime soon.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I would like to get a custom sneaky with a radial pin joint like an Arnot Sneaky or a Josey Sneaky with a Z2 shaft.

I just sold an Ernie Martinez sneaky pete with a big pin that had a matching Predator-Z shaft. Have you looked at the Predator Roadline cues, they have a radial pin and hit pretty well.

I have a Meucci sneaky pete that is about 10 years old that I changed the pin to a 3/8 11 and have a Predator 314-2 that was made for a Southwest that I use on it. I use it to break with but it plays great and I have had people offer to trade their playing cue's for it. I only use the original shaft to beak with.

Last edited: