"plays a ton"

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
Has anybody who sells cues on here ever considered that what plays a ton for you or the guy you bought a cue from, might not play a ton for the next guy? Everybody always puts "cue plays a ton" but the person that buys it might hate how it hits and thinks it plays an ounce lol. Just an observation.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Has anybody who sells cues on here ever considered that what plays a ton for you or the guy you bought a cue from, might not play a ton for the next guy? Everybody always puts "cue plays a ton" but the person that buys it might hate how it hits and thinks it plays an ounce lol. Just an observation.

That's a counterfeit way of putting the REAL deal, "hits a ton." If it doesn't say "hits a ton," it isn't the real deal, and therefore you should pass.

;) :p
-Sean

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i never put that on my threads. i put it plays jam up or can give your cue the 7.

i tell you what next cue you sell title it "this cue plays awful".

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
I would think that the best way of putting it would be HOW it hits, hits crisp, hard, soft, firmer etc. I really have no room to talk, I don't put anything on mine lol.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
"Plays a ton" might not be the most logical or honest way to market your cue, but I dunno if honesty and logic will get you far trying to sell something :)

The best way to sell a cue is to not only say it plays a ton, but that you love this cue and you hate to part with it, but you have to in order to make some money for your grandmother's operation. Then you must credit this cue with several #1 titles including the US Pro-Am, The World Master of Pool, and The Windy City Classic.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I would think that the best way of putting it would be HOW it hits, hits crisp, hard, soft, firmer etc. I really have no room to talk, I don't put anything on mine lol.

No matter how you describe it , it will always just be your opinion. ;)

charlieeeh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would only ever buy a cue that's a "real player", because some cues cannot be played with apparently.

And all the break cues I've ever used hit like a "truck/train/brick", I'd stray away from the ones that hit like "scooters".

BumpnRun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[/QUOTE]The best way to sell a cue is to not only say it plays a ton, but that you love this cue and you hate to part with it, but you have to in order to make some money for your grandmother's operation. [/QUOTE]

Yes, I just love this line. Then you have to add at the end "Will trade up":rolleyes:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
If all of these used cues play a ton, jam up, real players cue, & etc. why are they selling it in the first place? I aint buying its because they have a new one on order, I have never sold a cue I like and do not see doing so in the future.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
That's a counterfeit way of putting the REAL deal, "hits a ton." If it doesn't say "hits a ton," it isn't the real deal, and therefore you should pass.

;) :p
-Sean

Of course us Canadians are looking for cues that hit a tonne.

Dave <-- has several but can't lift any of them :embarrassed2: