Chicago Action

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chicago action everywhere. After landing I went to Red Shoes and was in action right away. Yesterday afternoon I went to Chris’s and had a waiting list for my money. After my beating I drove to Res Shoes for another beating from Ike.

I can honestly say I’ve never seen the amount of action available anywhere that can match Chicago for us regular players. I’ve been to Chicago many times and always get action. Big props to Red Shoes for investing in new table tops for their old Gold Crowns. I wish I could get to their monthly tournaments.

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of action....

Booking a winner is a little tougher!!! 😝. Next time ask Lav to steer you a little. Doc

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booking a winner is a little tougher!!! ��. Next time ask Lav to steer you a little. Doc

I’ve known John for years since the 1P Kalamazoo days. He’s always been super nice to me. As for steering, my steering wheel broke a long time ago and have had plenty of beatings because of it. I play within my budget, if I get run over it’s still better than video machines.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Chicago action everywhere. After landing I went to Red Shoes and was in action right away. Yesterday afternoon I went to Chris’s and had a waiting list for my money. After my beating I drove to Res Shoes for another beating from Ike.

I can honestly say I’ve never seen the amount of action available anywhere that can match Chicago for us regular players. I’ve been to Chicago many times and always get action. Big props to Red Shoes for investing in new table tops for their old Gold Crowns. I wish I could get to their monthly tournaments.

nice, hope you enjoyed the weather while you were here :) The beaches were not crowded at all !!

Errrr... Ike? Yeah, if not for out of towners, he might not get any action ;) lol

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What City are you in Sir ? I may swing through!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are correct!

Lots of solid "A" speed players leave Chicago broke and talking to themselves.

If your new to the area, well, you better be lower to mid-level shortstop speed....... or BETTER. If not, well, you better be steered by a local or be use to losing.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
sure they go broke. all of them do. they think they can make money playing people even and playing their full speed. what they get is to only play those better than themselves.
fools always go broke and thats how it should be.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
sure they go broke. all of them do. they think they can make money playing people even and playing their full speed. what they get is to only play those better than themselves.
fools always go broke and thats how it should be.

I always found good action in Chicago. Everyone likes to try the foreigner (Canadian).

Last edited:

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rj and The Rake pretty much summed it up.....

I first went down there to (RS) years ago putting Willie (Munson) in the box. As I'm hanging out watching Willie play Ike comes over and asks for a game. I don't know him, so I say sure we can play some 9ball cheap.

I beat him the first set an Willie comes over and tells me who he is. Ike of course wants to raise the bet and play some more. I tell Ike to quit f-cking with my action and leave me alone!! (Ike was pissed, but Willie and I laughed about that all the way home)

And of course Ike is not the only monster roaming around....... Doc

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I first went down there to (RS) years ago putting Willie (Munson) in the box. As I'm hanging out watching Willie play Ike comes over and asks for a game. I don't know him, so I say sure we can play some 9ball cheap.

I beat him the first set an Willie comes over and tells me who he is. Ike of course wants to raise the bet and play some more. I tell Ike to quit f-cking with my action and leave me alone!! (Ike was pissed, but Willie and I laughed about that all the way home)

And of course Ike is not the only monster roaming around....... Doc

Thanks for the story Doc.

Flying around for work the last 30+ years I’ve got a few stories but I’m sure they’re not as colorful as yours.

Gypsy: I’m in New Orleans when not flying. We can play some. If I’m too cheap there’s guys around that will bet it up. There was a $7000 per game 1P a week or two ago.

Jim

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play in a Sunday night 9 ball tournament at Chris’s, some very high level players there. It’s a joy to be able to stroll in and have that level of talent available to play with.

Every now and then an out of town we will show and the gamblers are eyeing them like a hot piece of pizza! Mike Delauder, a strong shooter from Florida was there recently,they were watching him.

I mostly play out of City Pool Hall, which is closer to downtown. Also some very strong players but not as much action.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe RS is Red Shoes. Zaksis is the former co-owner of Red Shoes. Mosignor Lavin has full command of the ship nowadays.

Lou Figueroa

Lou,
I likely misspelled his name (Zaxis?). Any idea re: his situation/whereabouts? VERY strong switchhitter. I remember he used to try to slip into our ring games by offering to play lefty (thus providing everyone with a good laugh).

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,
I likely misspelled his name (Zaxis?). Any idea re: his situation/whereabouts? VERY strong switchhitter. I remember he used to try to slip into our ring games by offering to play lefty (thus providing everyone with a good laugh).

Dan, I think you got it right: John Zaksis. I don't know his current whereabouts or what he's up to.

Lou Figueroa

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,

He could throw darts with either hand as well, and very sporty at that to say the least.

I've known very few, even top pros that can/could switch hit even half as well. Just amazing!