Need new cloth

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a used table and need new cloth.
Where's the best/least expensive place to get Simonis cloth?
I need to move quick as I want it installed when table is set up.
TIA
Tim

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a used table and need new cloth.
Where's the best/least expensive place to get Simonis cloth?
I need to move quick as I want it installed when table is set up.
TIA
Tim

Try Seyberts billiard supply. They are quick

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are hiring someone to do it, might be preferred that you allow the mechanic to source it himself.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are hiring someone to do it, might be preferred that you allow the mechanic to source it himself.

Still on the fence for a mechanic. Listening to the horror stories, why pay someone to screw things up when I can do it for free :D
All kidding aside I have the abilities and the tools to do it.
I'm working on quotes now.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Still on the fence for a mechanic. Listening to the horror stories, why pay someone to screw things up when I can do it for free :D

Hello,

If you might be looking for a comparable product at a much less price, check out CPBA Worsted Cloth. https://www.amazon.com/CPBA-Competition-MG-700-Worsted-Professional/dp/B07PHXV4Q8?th=1&psc=1
I just installed it on 12 Valley's and so far I am completely sold on it because of these facts: 1. Easy to work with, 2. Cost, is super affordable, 3. It is strong, been watching the first set of tables we did to try to judge wear. So far very minimal burn marks. Plays very fast.

As for someone to work on your table, if you end up with an actual mechanic you will be happy. Results may vary if you use an "installer". Seems like you are confident, so I would recommend the Simonis Installation DVD's and do it yourself. You can buy the set here: https://www.seyberts.com/pool-table...nis-rail-bed-cloth-installation-training-dvd/
You can do it!

Trent from Toledo

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I hear ya, hahahah.

I can take almost anything apart.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

If you might be looking for a comparable product at a much less price, check out CPBA Worsted Cloth. https://www.amazon.com/CPBA-Competition-MG-700-Worsted-Professional/dp/B07PHXV4Q8?th=1&psc=1
I just installed it on 12 Valley's and so far I am completely sold on it because of these facts: 1. Easy to work with, 2. Cost, is super affordable, 3. It is strong, been watching the first set of tables we did to try to judge wear. So far very minimal burn marks. Plays very fast.

As for someone to work on your table, if you end up with an actual mechanic you will be happy. Results may vary if you use an "installer". Seems like you are confident, so I would recommend the Simonis Installation DVD's and do it yourself. You can buy the set here: https://www.seyberts.com/pool-table...nis-rail-bed-cloth-installation-training-dvd/
You can do it!

Trent from Toledo

I saw that on their site, definitely will get the DVD

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
80% Australian Wool
20% Nylon
24 oz. per square yard

Can you elaborate for us mortals, please?

CPBA Worsted Cloth
80% Australian Wool
20% Nylon
24 oz. per square yard

Not sure what Simonis specs are for 860

From Simonis website
Why worsted cloth? Worsted construction means that there are no short fibers that can release from the cloth to form "pills" or fuzz-balls that have to be removed from the playfield in order to allow the ball to roll straight.

Simonis cloth is incredibly smooth without felt-like fuzziness and Simonis does not wear like nappy woolen cloth which eventually develops tracks or grooves in the cloth, all the while shedding short fibers that constantly need to be removed. With Simonis, ball spin is consistent, and the roll stays straight and true on every shot.

Woolen vs. Worsted = no comparison.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
80% Australian Wool
20% Nylon
24 oz. per square yard

Why worsted cloth? Worsted construction means that there are no short fibers that can release from the cloth to form "pills" or fuzz-balls that have to be removed from the playfield in order to allow the ball to roll straight.

Simonis cloth is incredibly smooth without felt-like fuzziness and Simonis does not wear like nappy woolen cloth which eventually develops tracks or grooves in the cloth, all the while shedding short fibers that constantly need to be removed. With Simonis, ball spin is consistent, and the roll stays straight and true on every shot.

Woolen vs. Worsted = no comparison.

Nice one! LOL

To those interested: It is a solid product, take it or leave it.

Trent

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Not a fan of Simonis myself. Wears thin and faster. Goes from v little nap to none.

Great to play on for awhile, till it wears.