Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Test Area
Reload this Page Test Test 123
View Poll Results: If you supported The Pool Trust how would you want the money spent?
I would want to Fund Pro Pool Events Only. 0 0%
I would want to Fund Amateur Events and regrow Pool from the bottom up. 0 0%
I Would not donate to support Pool Period! 0 0%
I Would donate only if it went well and was popular. 0 0%
I Would donate if the money was used to produce interest and no principle was ever withdrawn. 0 0%
I Would Gift money to the Pool Trust if properly set up. 0 0%
I Would leave the Pool Trust Money (if set up right) in my will. 0 0%
My company would give money (for a tax deduction.) 0 0%
I would give money (one time) if it were tax deductible. 0 0%
I would give a little money every year (even if not tax deductible) 0 0%
I think this is a good idea. 0 0%
I think this is a bad idea. 0 0%
I would support this idea only if it was deposit only work from interest produced. 0 0%
I would support only if run by a (Non Pool) Trust Management Co. by indissolveable rules 0 0%
I have my own ideas on how this should be done 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Would you support a Pool Trust Organization to support Pool, on Pro or Local Level?
Old
  (#1)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Would you support a Pool Trust Organization to support Pool, on Pro or Local Level? - 09-14-2018, 02:29 AM

If we "Pool Players" had a New Membership Organization let's call it "The Pool Trust" and from our donations a big pile of money (a foundation)
"that was invested in the stock market in a Mutual Fund" from which the earnings funded something for Pool every year.......

What would you want done with the money? (based on the choices in the poll).

"Keep in mind that It could be possible to organize this in a way to keep people from stealing from it by putting it in a trust with trustees over the check book. Once money was paid over to "The Board" there would be accounting for what the money was used for that would go on report and that report could be posted to a website"

Aside from the minimum expenses. No deposits could be withdrawn. It would be invested in the market so as to grow in time proven mutual funds.
It would be a foundation/trust designed to produce funds that would be spent that money coming (from previous yearly earnings totals).

However until the fund reached a very large sum, if the fund had a down year then there would be a down year for Pool Promotion unless
sponsors stepped up to take up the slack.

I think its a nice idea, but like anything there are details "that in this case" I think could be worked out.

There's a lot of Pool Players and their opinions count because Pool Players would have to approve and support it.

Pool Players in this country number in the millions and if properly motivated (by the right organization or right people behind it)--
(they could) support something like this and it would have better chances to succeed. Also the foundation trust body
could sanction tournaments and tours that kicked in a dollar or two per player per event for nearly automatic growth.

It would start slow and people would be skeptical at first. For now its just a Hypothetical New Organization.
It's an idea that needs an opinion. The Poll questions are designed to let you register your opinion and agree or disagree on most accounts.

If it failed (which I find highly unlikely) because "according to the articles of incorporation" the deposits minus minimum expenses are to stay in the fund so it can only fail if we fail
to write into it a way to pay the minimum expenses of the fund which would have to be calculated and met every year before donations were credited to the trust or any monies
paid out. So there are a few details to work out but not enough to say its not possible.

On the opinion side:

Some may believe that promoting Pro Pool is the way to go.
Some may feel it would be better to organize Amateur local Pool in the form of
tours and tournaments "perhaps non handicapped events." to promote better play.
Some may think it's all of it is a bad idea to start off with.

I think its an idea that has merit but I'm only one person so we have a Poll with many options.

I believe that in time with player support that more people, Corporations, Companies, Cue Makers, Manufacturers, Pro Players and maybe Player Systems
would see the benefit of being known as supporters of the program and just a little from a lot of people would go a very long way.

When the time comes that it starts producing funds to work with, it would create a Permanent second tier of Pool Accomplishment for Players whether that be Amateur or Pro

I believe this is fertile ground for someone to come in and stage a Do Over for Pool but it would have to be run fairly and true to its purpose.
This is what good structure (Trust/Foundation), organization, policy creation and Articles of Incorporation are for.

Non Pool People could be in charge of the Account but It would be hard to have Non Pool People in charge of distribution it as they wouldn't be able to devote a lot of time to it aside from deciding when to cut
the check for the past years earnings. So it would have to be spelled out in the Mission Statement specifically what parts of Pool were the priorities ie. (Pro or Amateur) and which came first and have the Board bound to that end by
public display of the Mission Statement. The Board Members might have to change every two years to keep things running smooth. This way the company housing the Admin of the Trust couldn't run it by calling the shots as well but
that doesn't mean that their running it wouldn't have some advantages. People would support that company because they would earn the support.

A Pool Products company would be perfect for this because they have infrastructure in place to deal with it. They have Offices, Secretaries, Accountants and Office Machines and Computers.
The biggest job would be taking deposits and mailing out a membership card or some sort of thing like a key chain that would denote membership or adding the name to the website. It really wouldn't
be necessary to make a big job out of providing perks for the members because its a donation foundation that gives out tax deductible receipts. Companies might step up and grant discounts to members anyway.

It's not a job for one person. There would need to be backup and it wouldn't be able to pay a lot but a Pool Products Company could get a lot of loyalty out of running it.

I think its a nice idea but its a gamble and a shot at changing the future of Pool, "if you would have the future better than it is today."

I'd be willing to be a yearly donor. It doesn't hurt anything to dream that one day Pool could support itself.
I'd want my name on the list on the website.

The Poll is confidential and has no ending date. No one will know how you voted. Choose only the choices that apply to you and leave the others blank.

This idea for this thread came from a blog post located here. https://forums.azbilliards.com/blog.php?b=12150

This thread is not an attack on the BCA trade organization. It is merely an opinion on what we could do in order to improve
the state of Pool in the US. Our future is clearly in the hands of the marketplace now, but we could take our future into our own hands by forming our own organization.

We can at least have a little fun out of it. Just take the Poll and Let's see what happens!

Make your comments positive or negative and Let it rip!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #2

Some interesting Math to go along with this:

40k people giving a dollar a piece is 40,000 a year. That would run some tournaments but that's not what
I'm talking about at all. 40k a year is a bandaid and wouldn't fix much.

40k x .08% on average is 3,200 dollars of interest per year and enough to take care of some of the legal expenses
but not enough to get it started up. My rough estimate is the first year would be the most expensive and between legal
expenses, admin expenses those bills might be around 10k under certain conditions. So some donations would have to be
earmarked for the expenses in the beginning. Later on the interest would take care of all of it and the expenses lower after
start up expenses are paid, however the board would have to receive something to administrate the foundation.

If those same 40k people did this every year for say 10 yrs that's 400,000 dollars at .08% or 32,000 in money that can be paid out.
More accurately probably 20,000 after the admin costs, travel and some salary for the person or corporation paying the person to run it.

If those same 40k people gave $10 you start out with 400k in the first year!

You can see where I'm going with this. When Corporations and people get behind funding a foundation designed to promote the betterment
of Pool it would be hard to stop but the devil would be in the setup details. I'm a member of an organization that has a foundation and to my
knowledge it works for us just fine. I'm sure if you do some internet searches you'll find this is an idea used by others.

If you can fast forward to the day when there are a million dollars in the fund at 8 percent= $80k- some expenses= $ 60k for Pool Promotion

Then its real easy to see how a slow growing foundation could be established that in a decade could have millions in its account.

Millions in an foundation trust account could change things a lot for Pool and the question would remain. Would you want to build Pool up
from the Top Down-(Pros) or from the bottom up (Amateurs) ?

If tournaments were sanctioned by the trust body they might get a dollar or two per player. That would add up.
If cue makers supported it and dollar a cue were given. There is some more.

The list of supporters could go on and on if things were run right. With support it wouldn't strain anyone either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll Options

Choose the options that apply to you. Leave the rest blank.

If you supported The Pool Trust how would you want the money spent?

I would want to Fund Pro Pool Events Only. ( choose one please )
I would want to Fund Amateur Events and regrow Pool from the bottom up.
I would want monies split up equally between Pro and Amateur tournaments.
I would want the most of the money put into Amateur Events (unhandicapped) and then the Pros
I would only approve of Pro Events if Pros did something for Pool (like solicit funds for the trust)

I Would donate only if it went well and was popular.
I would never donate, none of my business.
I think its worth a shot and I'm willing to take a chance with it.

I would donate only if the trust was setup and run as stated.

I would "Gift" some money for a tax deduction to the Pool Trust (if properly set up.)

If properly set up and ran I would leave the Pool Trust a little Money in my will.

My company would give money (for a tax deduction.)
My company donation would be under $500
My company donation would be over $500
My company donation would exceed $1000
My personal donation would be under $100
My personal donation would be over $100
My personal donation would be over $500

I would give a small amount of money (one time) only if it were tax deductible
I would give a small amount of money (one time) regardless of tax deductible status.

I would give a little money every year (even if not tax deductible)

I would support only if run by a (Non Pool) Trust Management Co. by strict rules

I have my own ideas on how this should be done

I would give only if a neutral Pool Body were in charge of it.
I would give if a Pool Products company housed the organization and did the administration/paperwork but was not in charge of the trust

I would support the Pool Business/Body that ran the day to day operations of the membership trust with money.
I would support the Pool Business/Body that ran the day to day operations of the trust with my positive thoughts.

View Poll Results

Last edited by 336Robin; Today at 05:58 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: