Pool Rooms in Greensboro NC?

C.Milian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been years but breaktimes has a pretty laidback environment. I forget their tables. Coliseum's one table is monster. Go during the day, when there is less traffic and less smoke. It really is a treat to play on that table. I hope it's still there.

Make sure to take a stroll around UNCG. Then, at night you can have a cup of coffee on Tate street. There is a hall on that street too. I'm not sure if its still there.

Last edited:

2v12

Task Force 116
Silver Member
Breakers

It's been years but breaktimes has a pretty laidback environment. I forget their tables. Coliseum's one table is monster. Go during the day, when there is less traffic and less smoke. It really is a treat to play on that table. I hope it's still there.

Make sure to take a stroll around UNCG. Then, at night you can have a cup of coffee on Tate street. There is a hall on that street too. I'm not sure if its still there.

Breakers has 10 4 1/2 x 9 tables, 7 Gold Crowns and 3 Diamonds. It's a nice friendly place.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just look out for the short shifty eyed guy that usually plays on table 6. (Monday's I think?)

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that what it's called now? Which one are you talking about?

Breaktime changed the name to Breakers 4-5 yrs ago now.

Coliseum billiards had the Connelly Ultimate table...2 inch slate.

It's not safe to walk around Tate St, or Florida St after dark....has been that way for a few years now.

C.Milian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's not safe to walk around Tate St, or Florida St after dark....has been that way for a few years now.

That's sad. It's a nice playing table, I could never handle it.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's sad. It's a nice playing table, I could never handle it.

The table, and Coliseum Billiards both are still there.

The table is Eddie's (owner) baby...he's got it tweaked for 1 hole. He's a hell of a guy!

Couldn't meet a nicer bunch of pool players (or guys) than at Breakers...(go there!!) Afternoon ring games at times also.

Not to mention the bartender...!

C.Milian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table, and Coliseum Billiards both are still there.

The table is Eddie's (owner) baby...he's got it tweaked for 1 hole. He's a hell of a guy!

Couldn't meet a nicer bunch of pool players (or guys) than at Breakers...(go there!!) Afternoon ring games at times also.

Not to mention the bartender...!

Is she pretty and ditzy and always filling adjacent tables with non pool players?

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tate St

Tate St., near UNCG is perfectly safe, as safe as anywhere. If your not looking for trouble you shouldn't find any. Gate City Billiards is where I mostly play. If you stop in to Gate City say hello to Don, the proprietor. They have a mixture of 9 footers and bar boxes, friendly room. Coliseum Billiards is little sportier place but it has character. If you get in any action at the Coliseum with FlatTop, make sure he posts. Earl used to hang out there a lot and I saw FlatTop air barrel Earl and believe me everyone in there knows who Earl is. Earl jumped on top of the table, the man is an athlete! The owner Eddie is a nice guy.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coliseum Billiards is little sportier place but it has character. If you get in any action at the Coliseum with FlatTop, make sure he posts. The owner Eddie is a nice guy.

Won't be getting any action with flattop...for a while. He's on a extended vacation from what I understand.

UGETTHE6

Always
Silver Member
Gate City is the best room in town. IMHO. I like the owner Don and he always plays a great host during tournamnets. The bar has cheap drinks it is the place to go!