Is WPBL (Bonus Ball) officially dead?

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard a lot of people say its dead and never coming back and players didn't get paid everything they are owed, but has it been officially announced anywhere?

Have they released anything officially since they said they were taking a break to try and raise funds?

perspicaz

o-^-*-^-o
Silver Member
I have heard a lot of people say its dead and never coming back and players didn't get paid everything they are owed, but has it been officially announced anywhere?

Have they released anything officially since they said they were taking a break to try and raise funds?

I don't believe there has been any official statement since the hiatus.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
From what I'd guess, the unimpregnated egg is encapsulated in a frozen test tube awaiting a sperm donor.

Egg Momma and her brothers are on the hunt. It's in suspended animation and may pop, or may not find a Pop.

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Poorly funded pool leagues never die; they just fade away.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
The boat was flooded before it left the dock. The bilge pump didn't work and no one threw the occupants a life jacket.

The players have gone their separate ways some time ago. I believe that it would be a lesson in futility to just get the majority of them back to Vegas.

Some or maybe all of them might be convinced to return if the guarantees were proper.

Even if they had to get new players in, they already know the story behind BB and they would be very leery of getting too heavily involved without some guarantees as well.

I think it was a pipe dream to even believe that it had a chance of making it the second go round when it wasn't a smashing success in the first place.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's time to move on. BB is a thing of the past. You don't see the BB minions posting one word about BB today. In fact, some of those newly formed AzBilliards identities that came to the fore supporting BB in its prime have now ceased posting and are gone. That in itself speaks volumes, IMO. :wink:

Here's hoping for better things up ahead. :cool:

Attachments

• 1240634_241829382638565_1673167030_n.jpg
    1240634_241829382638565_1673167030_n.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 403

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
You'd think if the players have left vegas, they'd never come back.
But I think Jerry said it best in another post... pool players will give anything another chance.
One of the BB players said that if BB started back up, paid his back pay,
and paid to get him back to vegas... he might go for it. Depending on how he fares with his new day job.

It seems like the odds are slim but it wouldn't shock me if they restarted.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I think it's time to move on. BB is a thing of the past. You don't see the BB minions posting one word about BB today. In fact, some of those newly formed AzBilliards identities that came to the fore supporting BB in its prime have now ceased posting and are gone. That in itself speaks volumes, IMO. :wink:

Here's hoping for better things up ahead. :cool:

Great post and great graphic. It is curious that they just left the website counting down the matches per the schedule to then list them as 0-0. :confused: :frown:

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope the game is dead as not only was it stupid, it served no purpose as it was NEVER going to get mainstream attention.